UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

Well, that's the Cafe Racer sold
It has gone to a very pleasant young man who will no doubt enjoy it very much whilst embarking on his motorcycling career.
All the best with the bike Sam. Take care

Hey John, hope you and yours are all well!
Well, I'm thinking of doing a take on a tracker perhaps a mono shock single side swingarm, USDs, 850 conversion ???
Not sure yet ;)

Glad it went to a good home. Good to hear your still building bikes. The Harley you built was Quite a change from the XS and really looks great. I have ridden them but after a my XS found them not as fun to ride. On the back roads I found myself lugging around in 2nd gear. With the 650 your shifting and coaxing it out of the next corner. I can see a tracker as a more fun bike hope you build one. I really enjoyed the café build and the quality workmanship you have displayed. :cheers:

Thanks Scabber! Yep the Harley is a heavy old beast. Yep, I'm leaning back toward another XS but this time the street tracker style perhaps. Definitely going to re work the engine too. Probably 750 kit and rephrased too. Plus the Harley forums are nowhere near as good as this one!

Hey Paul! Family and I are doing fine. I hope you and yours are doing well.
That tracker sounds good man! I agree with scabber, I enjoyed your cafe build along with the bobber. The workmanship is awesome my friend.

Sounds like a plan. The 750 in a light weight bike will have you thinking about sending the H-D to a new owner. Just kidding. I owned a couple of Harleys. I liked the 61 iron head sportster geared more to my liking. It is a 650 forum but other bikes are allowed. Hope to see your next build. :thumbsup:

I don't have anything going right now,but ya never know what will strike me! I wouldn't mind a smallish cb or another XS.
I'm having a blast on my VN900 right now. I was looking to step up to a VN1700 nomad for next year, maybe the year after. We've got a lot of miles around here.

Here's my Vulcan as of now.

Back