uk members... about the isl of man

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
thinking about going to the tt races on the isl of man next yr , any body been there that can give some advice , things like best way to get there from London ( would be flying from aust to London I presume ) best camping grounds there , how to make a booking etc , cant walk big distances so need to be as close to the track /races as possible will be doing it on the cheap so any advice would be great , except for Tasmania and nz haven't been overseas before, so figure if going to do 1 trip o/seas the tt races would be the best choice... thanks

You can fly to IOM from London gatwick with easy jet ,a flight next week for example is £27 one way ,probably a bit more in the summer.
Instead of camping maybe a bed & breakfast.Book early though as it gets very busy.

thinking about going to the tt races on the isl of man next yr , any body been there that can give some advice , things like best way to get there from London ( would be flying from aust to London I presume ) best camping grounds there , how to make a booking etc , cant walk big distances so need to be as close to the track /races as possible will be doing it on the cheap so any advice would be great , except for Tasmania and nz haven't been overseas before, so figure if going to do 1 trip o/seas the tt races would be the best choice... thanks

Hi Flea,
back 'ome they reckon to book whatever you need to book at least a year ahead for the TT races or you'll be SOL so book NOW, eh?

I’ll bet that trip will be one for the books Flea!
yep ,reckon if going to the exspensive of going o/seas may as well be doing something worth while and enjoyable , at the moment its just a idea just have to find out if its fesible .. money wise shouldnt be to hard, just thin out the herd of non xs650 bikes ,main prob will be accom booking on the island

yep ,reckon if going to the exspensive of going o/seas may as well be doing something worth while and enjoyable , at the moment its just a idea just have to find out if its fesible .. money wise shouldnt be to hard, just thin out the herd of non xs650 bikes ,main prob will be accom booking on the island
At age 64, I have not been overseas, but the Isle of Man would be tops on my list.

You can fly to IOM from London gatwick with easy jet ,a flight next week for example is £27 one way ,probably a bit more in the summer.
Instead of camping maybe a bed & breakfast.Book early though as it gets very busy.
the little bit of research iv done puts any inside accom out due to demand and $$$$$ , can imagine the flights onto the island would be well and truly booked out far in advance .. depending on prices maybe hire a campervan in London for a week and drive ,though can imagine even the ferry could be booked out well in advance

the little bit of research iv done puts any inside accom out due to demand and $$$$$ , can imagine the flights onto the island would be well and truly booked out far in advance .. depending on prices maybe hire a campervan in London for a week and drive ,though can imagine even the ferry could be booked out well in advance
Darn !
I'm thinking that the rental of private helicopter, or perhaps a small boat launched from the UK mainland might be a better option...:eek:
Amazing what it takes these days to be a spectator at a great motor-racing event.

I feel fortunate to have close access to Watkins Glen.

Back