USA Made, Solid Brass, XS650 Special Petcock solution!!

ericmu17

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
As I'm sure most of the people on this forum feel the same way about the absolute lack of quality petcocks available for these awesome machines, I decided to share my solution with the forum. I wanted something that was made in the USA for starters, but I also wanted to find a solution that did not have parts that wore out, i.e. rubber washers, plastic valve fittings. After much searching on this forum and on ebay I found what I hope to be a reliable ,long lasting solution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110985084897?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

First I found these on the ole Ebay machine... All solid Brass fuel valves, American made goodness that lacks any plastic or rubber parts that could wear prematurely.

Next, with the help of some forum members posts I discovered these little gems on parts n more.

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100/?filters[fitting]=universal

The 46mm hole spacing version fits the XS650 special exactly and come with nice allen head screws that also fit nicely. A little Teflon on the threads and your set. Im not positive but I think the other spacing ( not sure which ) will fit non special tanks.

forum member nj1639 noticed that these valves were quite long and suggested that they might not clear the tops of the carbs....he was was dead on. A quick trip to lowes plumbing section rendered a couple Solid brass Watts brand 3/8 male to female 90 degree elbows for 6 bucks n change a piece (also American made) which enabled me to reposition the valves for optimum placement. The next update will include my solution for the petcock filter screens.

2 fuel valves with free shipping - $38.98
2 Adapter plates - with shipping - $28.50
2 Watts brass 90 degree elbows - $12.98

= $80.46

Now

I have yet to install these on my XS (which will be tomorrow) so stay tuned and I will post the an entire review of this hopefully successful solutution!!

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 107
Back