Using this site on a smart phone

figure8

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
As anyone on here who's tried, navigating this site on a phone web browser is not easy. If you frequent this site often and have a smart phone, download an app called tap a talk. Once you do add this forum to your feed. It formats things in a away that is very easy to use and navigate.

One draw back in the past was it would not allow you to upload pics directly from you're phone, you had to go through a web hosting site such as photobucket. That's not the case anymore, you can now post pics on here directly from your phone. It's actually more convenient that using a PC IMO.

I know some people are aware of this but thought I'd throw this up there for anyone interested. I strictly use this site through the tap a talk app and its great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448569863.288561.jpg

Here's an example of a pic posted directly from my phone.

I've been using Chrome on my Galaxy S5, and Samsung's browser on my tablet.
Have to de-res my pics to less than 300kb before uploading.
Same with TapaTalk?

Otherwise, I'm accessing the forum in hi-res PC desktop mode. For things that use BB imbedded codes (like IMG, ATTACH, YOUTUBE, ...etc), I have to manually type those in. Cut-and-paste of links and text is normal and easy.

Every forum I visit has the "TapaTalk install" banner, and I've always been wondering about its benefits and pitfalls...

So far I've not had to de-res my pics. It's give a couple options for the format of the pic, but posts it no sweat. You're on here a lot, I'd suggest giving it a try. I'll post a screenshot of what it looks like for me. Very different from that actual site, but very simple to use.

Yeah, nothing to lose twomany. If you don't care for it just delete the app. If I were on a PC all the time I would prefer the traditional site. But for phones and tablets, the ease of navigation is awesome. Another benefit with the app are the notifications, everytime you open it it notifies you of any new post in a thread you've posted in, messages as well. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any....

Also should mention if you post in other forums they may be accessible through the app. Here's a look at some of the ones I follow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448589723.416571.jpg

"Planet of the Vapes", "Smoking Meats" !!!?? :yikes:

Haven't tried those yet, either. :D

Yes, the other forums I follow support TapaTalk.
So, we'll give 'er a try, when my head clears...

Well, I've loaded TapaTalk 2. Strange app. Under the 'networking' catagory, nothing comes up. Under the 'accounts' catagory, only those odd sites that I tried under 'picks' show up. Tried searches on all variations of "www.xs650.com", all came up empty. 'Settings' only controls screen behaviour. The 'picks' catagory only shows these strange things:

TapaTalk2.jpg

So, will continue to play with it, and see if it can somehow find xs650.com...

Hmmm, no option for the app without that 2 behind it? Sounds like you guys are on Android and I'm on Apple. I'll do some digging....

I tried a couple of those 'picks' forums (the ones in English). Interesting/handy layout.

Would get some intermittant orange/black screen flashes. The eMail registration confirmation/instruction pics showed completely different app displays (like yours). Mine doesn't have the top menu bar, which pretty much ruins it.

The support.tapatalk.com website continuously crashes my tablet. This thing is probably too old (android v2.something) and underpowered (7??Kb memory) for this app. So, uninstalled it...

Posting this from the app. I have heard of it, but never used it before. Seems to work just fine. I'll have to play around with it.

Back