Valve Adjustment- Video

Are the vidoes still available to watch? Im trying to set the valves on my bike but I would like to see the vidoes first! I set them about five months ago and I already forgot.. thanks jason

With that being said if someone wants to give me the videos I''ll host them on my server with a custom video player so we don't have to deal with Youtube anymore or find a space that isn't such a drag to use....

Yep it would be good to get these back up. If someone has the files we could upload a perma-link to media fire or the like for others to download in future.

I PM'd him to see if he could grant me permission to watch but I haven't heard back. I went out and got all the tool in preparation for when these videos are ready to watch again. Its been a few weeks now.

I just noticed that page 121 of "Specifications" in Yamaha service manual calls for clearances of: "IN: 0.15mm (0.006in) and EX: 0.30mm (0.012in)"?

Attachments

• PB300006.jpg
    PB300006.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 283
I just recently figured out how to do this. Maybe Ill make a video and let the pros punch holes in it so people will have something to work off of and I'll have something for down the road when I forget how to do it again lol.

I just recently figured out how to do this. Maybe Ill make a video and let the pros punch holes in it so people will have something to work off of and I'll have something for down the road when I forget how to do it again lol.
I really wish I had a video to watch! I recently adjusted mine, I've never done it before. Did you adjust them to "no go" at the clearance or to where the feeler was tight passing through? Mine still doesn't seem exactly right and I wonder if it got it wrong.

(BTW I adjusted mine as per the knucklebuster/forums clearances. 1970 XS1 INT:.10mm EXT: .15mm)

Excellent, thanks. I just read about "stiction" on a website about checking valves. I believe that is exactly how I did it, but I'm going to go through it again just to make sure.

Back