Van Go

Now that the road buzz in me bones has settled....

The eclipse... the conservation area was a perfect pick. Beautiful countryside, about a half dozen cars in total, people were respectful and friendly... and clear skies. What more could you ask for? I'll leave the waxing poetic for others better at writing this stuff. Suffice to say it was as good as the first time in '17. Once again, no pics. We just lived in the moment and left the photos for others to fuss over.

Van go. For starters, he just went on a two day 800 mile shakedown. There's good and not so good there. He got us to our destination and back home again. High marks in my book. He had the glitch with the #3 cylinder along the way. I friggin' hate roadside/parking lot repairs... you never bring the right tools along... we soldiered on and figured it out. I forgive 'im.
Front end needs some work. Yes it was all back country roads... and yes, the crosswinds/gusts were about as bad as I've ever driven in, but he's not right up front. Guess I'll start ordering fresh ball joints and such... go from there.
Cold, the engine lights as soon as you touch the key. Warmed up and fresh off the road... ten minutes at a gas stop... you need to spin it 5 or 10 seconds before it light off. I'm the first to admit that I know about nothing of automotive fuel injection systems. A Bendix Aviation fuel injection? I can fix and tune in my sleep. Fords?... not a clue. If it was an old fashioned, carbureted setup... hands down... feels like vapor lock.
Any clues out there to get me pointed in the right direction?

1712634976176.png

When you’re done Jim, I hope to see you north of the Border! The Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group annual rally is in June! 😉😉😉
Absolutely - please do come up here Jim!

Free acommodations at the Harrow Hilton!

Pete

Back