Vape (Powerdynamo Ignitions)

Why not just link straight to the site.............Face book controls your choices and if they were down that link wont work

My Vape on the RD350 is running great however the relay failed. Im assuming the XS650 kit has the same relay. No big deal. Im still planning on the Vape system for the XS2 at some point.

Funny I was just finishing the F1 post race show looking at the standings when you posted that.

My Vape on the RD350 is running great however the relay failed. Im assuming the XS650 kit has the same relay. No big deal. Im still planning on the Vape system for the XS2 at some point.
Usually don't use it just run without battery. But t run with out a battery you have to have the lights come on when bike starts.

Don't get me wrong. Everything I've heard about the vape has been positive but damn that's a lot of bread. I'm a cheap bastard.

I agree 100%. Vape, previously known as Powedynamo, and before that MZ-B is a great product. Initially designed and specced in Germany, and mostly made in the Czech republic. That is pretty much as far from cheap Chinese cr#p as you can get.
I have a Vape CDI/ PMA on my RD350, and it has worked GREAT for more than 5 years. GREAT! I haven't even replaced the spark plugs.....Which would be considered a consumable on a points ignition RD...

This is such a great product and well worth the sheckles. Ignition belongs on the crank, not the (hot as hell, driven by a slap happy chain) camshaft! I put one on my 277 and has worked flawless for 2 years now. Did a couple of heavy rain days last summer as well.
Only thing that was tough was finding graceful homes for all the components, but I wouldn't use anything else on a 360 engine.
IMHO, the cheapo points eliminating cam mounted ignitions just get too hot and eventually fry. On my 277 I put in a hidden switch that eliminates the relay just in case I have a battery or wiring short, blown fuse in the lighting circuits...I can flip that switch, kick it over and down the road we go like an old dirt bike!
600 snots for dead reliable charging and ignition and the ability to eliminate those drippy cam end seals is well worth the money...again, IMHO.

Back