Vapor Blast Solutions

YAM277

Yamaholic
Reaction score
Home Page: http://www.vaporblastsolutions.com/home.html

Vapor Blast Solutions

3900 Paseo Del Sol, Suite A 204

Santa Fe, NM 87505

Contact us via the CONTACT page or send email to vaporblastsolutions@gmail.com or call Dan at (505) 946-7097, (between 9:00 - 6:00, MST)

FAQ page: http://www.vaporblastsolutions.com/faq.html

At this time, only cash, checks, money order or Paypal are accepted. You pay only after you have received your parts and are satisfied with the results.An invoice will be included with your parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 326
We post-vapor blasting wash and dry parts several times to remove any residual media particles.

If you decide to give them an additional wash before assembly, used only clean water and dry with compressed air

Do Not put parts in dishwasher with detergents, it will stain the finish

Now that parts are super clean, they can be left as-is, polished, plated, painted,or clear coated.

After we remove the grease, grime, rust or oxidation, you may see cracks, pitting or damaged that was masked by these contaminates. Vapor Blast will not restore this damage, only let you know it is there.

So is there a recommended final finish after vapor blasting the alloy bits? Paint and/or powder coating of course, but if you wanted the natural aluminum do you still need to protect it with something?

I would think that without something corrosion would eventually happen?

It's true nothing lasts forever. My choice was to keep the natural finish, when corrosion or wear add up again, I'll break down my carbs again and rebuild and clean and vaporblast again if needed. By putting coatings or coverings on top off the aluminum, discoloring can happen or absorption of petrol. The end result is, we shouldn't be afraid to take down, take apart and rebuild what we have to continue. I'm betting this finish will last quite a few years.

Back