Video Thread

Dallas has lots of goons on sportbikes. Different groups in different parts of town. The constables and county deputies are the only ones that ever give chase. Granted, it's unsafe to chase them in most instances, but you can't throw a lawman tantrum when you pull one over either. That young man could have benefitted highly from a few conversations with older folks, and maybe even a buddy from the gun range (thanks Charles) who happens to be a judge telling HIM how to act when facing false accusation and unlawful confiscation of his property. Cussing at the police garners very little sympathy in court. Calmly expressing your concerns is palatable, but keeping your trap shut and complying will get you farther (in the aftermath) than acting like a little bitch and escalating the situation. Don't act like a perp, and don't look like a perp, and your bullshit factor goes WAAAAAAAY down. Just sayin.
As Burns stated above, It's a good idea to run down Thin Blue Line. A real eye opener.

Also, his plate was NOT properly displayed for the mandatory reading distance. It's virtually impossible to read one at the "by the book" distance that is not perpendicular to the road.

Another little interesting bit on Dallas County's Law enforcement:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19894753/dallas-county-must-repay-misused-state-funds

Last edited:
Dallas has lots of goons on sportbikes. Different groups in different parts of town. The constables and county deputies are the only ones that ever give chase. Granted, it's unsafe to chase them in most instances, but you can't throw a lawman tantrum when you pull one over either. That young man could have benefitted highly from a few conversations with older folks, and maybe even a buddy from the gun range (thanks Charles) who happens to be a judge telling HIM how to act when facing false accusation and unlawful confiscation of his property. Cussing at the police garners very little sympathy in court. Calmly expressing your concerns is palatable, but keeping your trap shut and complying will get you farther (in the aftermath) than acting like a little bitch and escalating the situation. Don't act like a perp, and don't look like a perp, and your bullshit factor goes WAAAAAAAY down. Just sayin.
As Burns stated above, It's a good idea to run down Thin Blue Line. A real eye opener.

Also, his plate was NOT properly displayed for the mandatory reading distance. It's virtually impossible to read one at the "by the book" distance that is not perpendicular to the road.

Another little interesting bit on Dallas County's Law enforcement:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19894753/dallas-county-must-repay-misused-state-funds

your right, of course, but it is a damn shame that you have to be afraid of mistreatment (and rightfully so) by armed thugs with badges and backups.

your right, of course, but it is a damn shame that you have to be afraid of mistreatment (and rightfully so) by armed thugs with badges and backups.

I totally agree. I have been stopped three times by my County Sherriff's deputies for excessive kinetic energy buildup:laugh: Both times I have been cooperative, forthcoming (and incidentaly, undeniably guilty) and have been "warned" to cool it down a bit. I don't cut lanes, brake check cars, go 150% of the posted speed, or go 80 MPH down the road on the back wheel either. I suppose if the rider is more reasonable, the officer will be in kind, but it may be territorial as well. I got stopped for 50 in a 35 one afternoon by Dallas PD, and he was so interested in getting the ticket wrote, he never asked for my insurance card, and didn't notice my inspection was over a year out. Just generate the revenue fella. That's what traffic comes down to in Dallas County. The city itself has "no chase" policies for non-felony perps (which makes me wonder why all of them need to drive 400 HP 38K dollar sedans?:shrug:) so the County get's to feeling the oats for chasing down traffic, I think. When I get back to Texas, I'm scoping a new facility to work in that keeps me and my job in MY county, and I won't have to venture into the concrete jungle with the goons in blue.:thumbsup:

Back