Video Thread

Entertaining little video, NFL quarterback doing trick shots with a football, looong distance accuracy shots, and hitting skeet clay targets with a football. Amazing accuracy!

not a video, but imagine an old movie where a screenwriter/director unobtrusively, at the end of a scene say, zooms in on technological items like a phone, or tv, or a car, and old-timey music (in his present) plays as a message to the future about how he knows those things are now old-fashioned to you...

Here's one I love to watch.
I used to find empty parking lots with those H shaped lines for cars and go up one and down the other at almost full lock as far as the row of Hs go. It looks cool and people think you're showing off but I was practicing control. One trick is to crank your head around and look to where you're going. You can see the cop doing that clearly at 0:47. Dragging your rear brake is key too.

I watched this earlier. It's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Marlon Slack - Australia’s funniest motorcycling YouTuber.....

...this is his first video in several years. Let’s hope there’s more coming.

Last edited:
When confronted by a lack of knowledge about technology, I always tease my riding buddies: “That’s OK Bob, I’ll hire a 7 year old kid to come around and give ya’ a hand with that.”

....the problem is, despite having three frickin’ degrees in Engineering, it’s usually ME - who needs the help.

All seriousness aside, I have become a major YouTube aficionado. Here is just a partial list of my favourites:
  • Vintage Machine.org
  • This Old Tony
  • My Mechanics
  • Itchy boots
  • FortNine
  • South Main Auto
  • The History Guy (he is absolutely incredible - try it)
  • Mark Felton
  • ....and of course, our very own Jim C-G whose channel is: Old Guy on a Bike
I honestly don’t recall the last time is watched ANYTHING on network TV - even the CBC I stream live on my iPad and as for the usual Canadian and US channels - meh. I find their offerings to be either idiotic or bland - but certainly not entertaining.

I watch a few of those too.

Not motorcycle related, but if you're into wooden boat building/wood working...you may want to watch this youtube channel: sampson boat co

I started watching him on episode 4 (by accident while researching something or other) about 3 yrs ago--remarkable young guy, and his ambition is contagious.

Oh, and I can't forget to watch Project Binky of course! But it will probably be another 6 yrs before it's completed. :)

....and there is a father-son team putting a big GM V8 engine and six-speed into a 1960s Triumph GT:

Fanatik Build

now THAT is going to be one sexy and hot little machine.

I watch a few of those too.

Not motorcycle related, but if you're into wooden boat building/wood working...you may want to watch this youtube channel: sampson boat co

I started watching him on episode 4 (by accident while researching something or other) about 3 yrs ago--remarkable young guy, and his ambition is contagious.

Oh, and I can't forget to watch Project Binky of course! But it will probably be another 6 yrs before it's completed. :)
Another good one is Acorn to Arabella. They're not just building a wooden boat, they're harvesting the timber off their land to do it.

Back