Video Thread

For those of you who are interested in architecture....

The northeast foliage is peaking, so I'm riding every day the weather permits.

Heading to Pennsylvania tomorrow, but it will be in the 30's in the early AM, so I'm gonna take the MX-5 instead.
My destination is Fallingwater, southeast of Pittsburgh, a home built by Frank Lloyd Wright almost a century ago.
Now a museum.
Its been a decade since I took the tour, and currently one can only walk the grounds due to covid.
But there is much to see from the outside.

House-FW-Fall1-Exterior-952x396.jpg

House-FW-Summer-Exterior1-Evening-451x208.jpg

9e2e9308a86950d746449f6e4640ce9d.jpg

fallingwater_hero.jpg

frank-lloyd-wrights-fallingwater-house-bear-run-news-photo-83764327-1560607645.jpg

2784a1f1-53fb-481a-9db0-5d2628e4f5cc_2200f99a241e55606b0e5da9ea141a39.jpg

fallingwater-1600x533.jpg

sshot-2-37.jpg

Here is a video of a walk-through done by a contractor, with his critique of some of the interior.

'Dude,
I hope nobody finds the suitcase on the shelf, way in the back of his bedroom closet. If you push the buttons on the outside, in the right order, the suitcase turns into a flying car! (cue "The Jetsons" music!) I wouldn't put it past anyone who could design a place like that!

For those of you who are interested in architecture....

The northeast foliage is peaking, so I'm riding every day the weather permits.

Heading to Pennsylvania tomorrow, but it will be in the 30's in the early AM, so I'm gonna take the MX-5 instead.
My destination is Fallingwater, southeast of Pittsburgh, a home built by Frank Lloyd Wright almost a century ago.
Now a museum.
Its been a decade since I took the tour, and currently one can only walk the grounds due to covid.
But there is much to see from the outside.

House-FW-Fall1-Exterior-952x396.jpg

House-FW-Summer-Exterior1-Evening-451x208.jpg

9e2e9308a86950d746449f6e4640ce9d.jpg

fallingwater_hero.jpg

frank-lloyd-wrights-fallingwater-house-bear-run-news-photo-83764327-1560607645.jpg

2784a1f1-53fb-481a-9db0-5d2628e4f5cc_2200f99a241e55606b0e5da9ea141a39.jpg

fallingwater-1600x533.jpg

sshot-2-37.jpg

Here is a video of a walk-through done by a contractor, with his critique of some of the interior.

Did you ever make it to Falling Water? How was the trip? There are a couple of Frank Lloyd Wright homes here in the Phoenix metro area. He had a winter home in Scottsdale ( Taliesin West ) , that has now become offices of the Frank Lloyd Wright foundation, it is open for tours. I need to go.
64F3180E-E197-44FA-9A84-04DB8753A2B3.jpeg

There is also the David and Gladys Wright house, one of the last houses designed by Wright before his death.
It was designed for his son and his new bride, they lived in it until they died, they were both over 100 years old.
It just sold for $7.25 million to a group of architects that intend to restore it to its original glory.
B39D74D1-F712-4065-856A-F224302607C9.jpeg

This house is on a large private property in one of Phoenix’s most exclusive neighborhoods and is not available to view.

Bob, I was thinkin' that there were some Wright homes in your state. "Exclusive" , fer sure !
I can only dream.....

I realized the morning of the PA trip that I had miscalculated the length of that long trip; I'll do it next year when the daylight period is more accomodating.
But I had a great trip through the northern PA mountains region.

Formula 1 is back at the old Imola track (built in 1954, the year I was born) in Italy this weekend for the first time since 2006.
Covid mixed things up for the F1 schedule this year, causing unusual events like this one, an
"old school", counterclockwise track which is narrow and has gravel traps (!).
Much more dangerous than the current drivers are used to, and many have never even driven here before.
There will be minimal practise or track time.
This is where Senna and Ratzenberger both died in '94, on the same day.

So, this took me to youtube to study the track in detail,
Which is where I stumbled on this incar video of Hamilton in 2011 at Monaco.
The film is real time, not sped up.

Watch his hands on the wheel as the car in front has a flat tire (right rear), and how he reacts in general.

You will need to go to youtube to watch it. Click on "watch at youtube"

Here is another favorite video, a 2 minute scene from the 1966 film, Grand Prix, which won Academy Awards that year.
That is James Garner (the actor).
Monaco track.
Were the racing scenes in Ford Vs. Ferrari (2019) any better? I don't think so.

Here is another favorite video, a 2 minute scene from the 1966 film, Grand Prix, which won Academy Awards that year.

That was a great movie! For the cars and race scenes and cinematography at least!

I stumbled upon this little clip of dogs hula-hooping and it made me chuckle.....

Well, what the heck did you think they were doing?

Dang! Some serious pucker factor there on that cliff switchback. I bet those girls on the back were glued to those seats!

Monaco track.

I recall that my Dad took me to see Grand Prix when it came out - pretty hot stuff for an 8 year old.

There sure were some superb movies made in the 1960-75 period (Battle of Britain, Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, Tora Tora Tora etc.) and Grand Prix was certainly one of them.

Back