Vintage Bike Nite

Square Circle

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering whats up with the St. Louis vintage bike night. Has anyone here been there? I've never been toa " bike "event on a bike. I just got my machine up to snuff to pass inspection to get lisc. plates. I was thinking of checking out this vintage bike night deal. What can be expected and where exactly is it. Not too much info out there on it. must be asecret club thing.. kinda like how to tune your horn... lol ...oh yeah .. thats not a ground screw.. its a tuner screw.. ha!:D

somewhere by the Fox theater ...MC shop around there .. its tomorrow... monday nite ..apparently they meet every 1st monday of the month during ride season.. i think its the last one tilll spring... I was going to ride around the area until i find it.. hundreds of bikes show up if the weather is good.. so i was told by a guy at a soccer game.

The Triumph Grill and Moto Museum are right in front of the Fox. I bet that it is somewhere on that block. If you haven't been there yet def check it out, very cool place.

Thanks.. yeah thats the place..Im going to check it out. by the way, your 78 hardtail looks pretty rad. Are those Mikes xs 2 to 1 pipes? I was thinking i wanted a set. but unsure of fit... did you have to modify them to fit your 78?... i have a 79.

Yes they are from Mikes and no they fit just fine. They sound great but I've gotten tired of the look. I've been shopping for something different and maybe some new bars as well...

I've been to the vintage bike night a couple of times. It's a pretty cool event. Last time I went there were 100 plus old bikes. I think I was most jazzed to see the triumph trophy 500 that was leaking oil all over the place show up.

Was a good crowd and a lot of nice bikes to check out. It's on the back side of the triumph grill. Can't remember the name of the street, but it's literally on the street just north of the restaurant. There is a euro bike dealership there that I think co-sponsors the event.

Thanks.. now i want to go even more.. I taking off work early to get to the dmv.. i've been restoring my bike for 2 months now and just got the all balls put in the steering stem sat nite..

Yes they are from Mikes and no they fit just fine. They sound great but I've gotten tired of the look. I've been shopping for something different and maybe some new bars as well...

If you find something, id be interested in buying your2to 1 set if you want to part with them. PM me anytime you want to make a deal.. I did notice the blueing at the headers.. have you fixed the leaness of your bike? blue pipes are indicators of running too hot. I myself upsized my pilot by 1 and 3 up on the main and leaned down the needle 1/2 step to compenste for richness. My bike runs awesome with the pods now. cooler too.

Pics dude pics

Yea they are bluing and I should up the jets but it runs SO good now and it took me so long to get to this point that I just hate to start tinkering around now and end up with it running like crap again. If I find some other pipes I will deff let ya know.

Most aftermarket pipes are single wall and will turn blue a bit even if your jetting is right.

Okay, so my maiden voyage ever was to the vintage Bike night at the MC shop down by the Fox theater. I just put the lisc plate on the bike at 5 pm and was down town in about 45min. It was a great night.. cool weather, lots of cool bikes.. and here are a couple pics.. mine is the stocker blue 79... I dig the cafe'd bikes.

Attachments

• SAM_0213.jpg
    SAM_0213.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 193
  • SAM_0212.jpg
    SAM_0212.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 206
  • my bike at bike nite.jpg
    my bike at bike nite.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 210
Here are a few more pics of some bikes that showed up. I like the cafed xs.. and definately the rz350 Kenny Roberts special.

Attachments

• SAM_0210.jpg
    SAM_0210.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 201
  • SAM_0209.jpg
    SAM_0209.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 209
  • SAM_0208.jpg
    SAM_0208.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 198
  • SAM_0211.jpg
    SAM_0211.jpg