Vintage restoration sources.

Gator xs2

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just wanted to put this out there. And please add to it. I started restoring a XS2 back in November last year. I bought a lot of the impossible to find NOS stuff on EBay. Like original Takasago wheels, instruments and the like. But you gotta be careful. I’ve been burned more than once. This was my first rodeo with Yamaha. Although Brad at HVC was a huge help with a 77 Rd400 that I did years back. I’m a OEM guy when it comes to restoring these old girls. Bill and Cindy at speedandsport have been awesome for the XS. They’re in Pennsylvania. Cindy sent the wrong part once and Bill refunded me before I even sent the wrong one back. Yeah. Awesome people to get to know. If you’re doing Honda? Joe Marks. AKA JT Marks. Same kinda experiences. I bought my third set of 300 pipes and he said “You know they’re discontinued now?” That’s when they shot up from $1300 to 3000. That’s when the sunami took out the plant in Japan. And I knew it. All that was left was what was in warehouses He honored the 1300 price. Another great source. Super guy. And it’s all OEM. Nothing fits like OEM.One thing I learned years ago. Bikers are a family. We always strive to help a brother biker any way we can.

Back