1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage tires.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by apox, Apr 20, 2011.

1. apox

apox XS650 Addict

Is Coker tire seriously the only place that sells the vintage tires? Especially the firestones? If so I'm looking at over $400 for tires and shipping

Are there any other vintage looking tires? I mite even wanna put a white wall just on the back.

I live in Ontario, Canada

2. bdholsin

bdholsin XS Enthusiast

Check oldbikebarn.com. They have a pretty good tire selection and fast shipping as well. I just got a set for my '83 and they are quite nice. Granted, they aren't OEM but they are round and will take me down the road.

3. apox

apox XS650 Addict

Don't get me wrong Its not that I can't get tires, I'm just looking for a very specific look, style. I just don't want some radial very round wall sport looking tire with fancy ant house looking tred pattern like every damn tire has now adays.

4. cheng shin and Duro make some good knock offs of the original tires that came on these. thats what i use.

5. jamesgs4

jamesgs4 fuck this, let's ride!

Shinko also makes vintage style tires.

6. Bonez

Bonez XS650 Enthusiast

7. I buy from tires unlimited and they are good price and fast. Just ordered 6 sets on Monday and i got email that they will be here tomorrow. They have like 4 warehouses all over.

8. apox

apox XS650 Addict

I'll check it out, thanks guys. Its to bad shipping is around $100 not to mention how much customs and shit will hose me

9. Pennies Earned

Pennies Earned XS650 Enthusiast

I just purchased a dunlop k70 for the front. Good looks and good price

[​IMG]

10. apox

apox XS650 Addict

Why can't Dunlop make those in 4.0-19 and 4.5-18 those look nice but they are pretty skinny at 3.5 front and 4 rear. Can someone post some pics of those vintage tires? Pennies can you post your dunlops? I think my dream of firestones is over so I need to see some alternatives on some xs's

11. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

If you's wants to play, you's gots to pay!

12. cmyoch

cmyoch XS650 Junkie

"My old man's tires were only tires on the acedemic sense. They were round and they were once made of rubber". -Christmas Story

I couldn't resist!