Visual Impact BRAT KITS

Got mine in. Thanks Vis Impact!

Going w/ fenderless front and rear...11" Progressive Sporster shocks...sporty tank...dropping the front forks 2"...8" Z bars :)

Hello all, i bought & recieved a visual impact brat kit & im really happy with what i got.
Since seeing the kit for sale i was curious as to how the bends on the seat rails were formed/bent, and now ive got them im even more curious.
Can anybody shead light on how thwy were bent? Ive no plans to bend my own its just annoying me because ive bent a bit of tube here and there & the DOM tube in the kit doesnt seem to be bend with a former or die. could it just be very light bends moved along the piece of tube closly to each other or maybe heat or sand bent?
Anyway, its a good kit. Good on ya visual impact

I have not finished my project yet but I ordered this kit some time ago and was very pleased with the kit. Worked well and it made my life easier. Good product.

Ordered mine, just waiting for the box to show up on my front door. I'm psyched to get to work on it. Like others I just have to figure out what to do with the battery/electronics. I would love to go with Hugh's kit but cash is a bit tight considereing i just bought compressor and a welder and will probably be buying Gordon Scott pipes.

Ok dumb question time. What do you do with the battery in this setup ?

I made a new battery box. Turned the battery sideways and lowered it in the frame. I used part of the the original box so you can strap the battery down. You can see it between the frame rails under the seat. The bike now has side covers welded on so you cant see it anymore.
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 6-13-11001.jpg
    6-13-11001.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2
Several ways to deal with the battery. Some people ditch the battery and run hughs set up for battery less operation(kick start only). Ive built a few with batteries and I attach to the swingarm. If you run this set up, you need to make sure the swing arm can fully move upward without hitting the frame. You can also get a gel battery and put it below the swingarm if you arent putting shorter shocks on. You can also turn it side ways and put it in above the swingarm. You just need to make sure you are checking all your clearances for swing arm movement,chain,fender and everything else you can think of that could be a problem.
Shocks......Rebel bolt right up. There are also Progressive shocks available all over ebay that bolt right in. I think they are 412? I cant remember off hand. You can ask sellers on ebay what the eye width is to make sure if you are worried about bolting it right up. As I state on my site, you should have the shocks you plan to run on hand if this is the first time you are installing one of my kits. It makes installation simple. I watched my buddy install the kit for the first time in approx. 4 hours from start to finish. He saw me build a few but he found the kit installation simple. A pre made hardtail takes about the same amount of time to install. Both have their fair share of work afterward to work out. This kit is no different. You have to figure out locations for starter relay ign box(if you have one)and reg rect.

Last edited:
No sooner did I post today at work and go home shortly after to find a present on the front porch. That was FAST visimpact!!! Thank you!!!

No problem. If I have other kits on the way out I will send recent orders with them. If Im out of them the most people wait is a week before I ship. Most of the time guys have them in their mits in less then a week and a half in the states. Seems to take about a month out of the U.S due to customs hold ups.

I just got off the phone with a guy in Maine that bought one of these kits, he said he was very happy with it :thumbsup: As for me I think they look pretty sharp and a good deal to boot!

Do you sell seat that is same one on bike install instructions on your website?

Last edited:
Wish someone would come up with a custom seat that would compliment this kit. Also, why not run a capacitor to eliminate the battery space problem. Haven't they been shown to work well? I wouldn't think there would be a lot of electrical componets/requirements on a bike of this type anyway.
jefft

Good selection of seat on ebay for sure. A lot of the seats I have seen used with this kit looked like an afterthought instead of a seat that fits the contours and dimentions of this frame and kit.
jefft

I think like anything in life, if you dont put some thought into what you are doing prior to starting it will look like a afterthought. Having a seat on hand when you start helps you decide where the curve will fall. Although I dont think that a lot of seats look like a afterthought, there are some the do. If you are having trouble finding something that fits the look you are after the only reasonable fix is to make your own seat.

Exactly. Thats the only option I can think of to a seat for this kit and some people just don't want to make a seat.
jefft

Back