Visual Impact BRAT KITS

Well, it sounds like your not a fan. Sorry to hear that. Ive built more then a few and Im very happy with the way my bikes look. Ive seen quite a few that used off the shelf seat with their builds and they looked great. Its your opinion and Im not out to change it. This kit is obviously not for you and thats ok. Its not for everyone.

Its not the kit itself its just that I have seen more then a few that the seat just seemed wrong. I seen an ad on ebay for installation for one of these kits and it was right at $800. I'm thinking I could buy a complete custom frame for about as much.
jefft

Jeff, you saw a add for a frame Im selling on ebay for 750 or best offer with the kit installed and the frame almost ready for paint. This is a titled xs 650 frame. Big difference between that and a kit installation. I charge 200 dollars to install my kit on a frame. I charge add ons for shaving brackets, neck area, relocating coil mounts etc.. A titled frame is worth anywhere from 300-450 depending on where you live. My kit is 85. I charge 115 in labor to put it on which is dirt cheap considering I have overhead being that Im a business. Add in all the additional work I did on said frame you saw on ebay and the price of 750 or best offer is where it lands. Non of this has anything to do with my $85 dollar kit which has made many many people very happy and made their lives much easier in modifying their bikes. Again, Im not out to change your mind. I have many happy customers and I will have many more. Im sure I will have many people like you as well.

Last edited:
Hey, I like your kit. I think it is at a great price, great idea, and I will probably buy one. I just need to find a seat I like. I just made a mistake reading the ebay ad. Sorry about that.
jefft

I recently got a seat off a 1100,a solo seat for $7.00 on ebay,and will use it on a slow-going build similar to many on here.It's a xs400rj seca,but the info here is great,so I come here to get more ideas.You guys have some great threads and info that also apply to my bike.Thanks lha

What clearance is required between tire and seat. I'm using rebel shocks? I want to go as low as possible ut don't want tire hitting me in the butt

The tire isn't going to hit you in the butt. If you weld the frame extension pieces in clearance will be fine. The best way to install the kit is to have the shocks you plan to run on hand then you can set it up just the way you like. If you face the shock mounts down u will have a lot of clearance even with rebel shocks. If you face them straight back the way I do them on my own bikes and the ones I've done for others you have less clearance but still enough.

The only thing that was not clear a amatuer like myself is how short to cut frame off. I cut right above weld like it looks like in your pica

Yep that's a good spot to cut. Drill holes in the tubes and you will plug weld the frame plugs in as per my pics on the the site. Slip on the frame pieces and drill them as well. Leave a little space between the old frame and the new pieces and you weld the plug and old and new frame parts together as one. Put your shocks on the swing arm. On the other side of the shock get a bolt and sandwich the mounts around the shock mount. That way you can tack the mounts evenly. Do both sides. If you want maximum clearance would face the round part of the shock bracket straight down toward the ground. If you need any help feel free to email me thru my site or ask here.

I think the kit you offer is a great deal,considering the price[retail]of the tubing used,bending,prepping,etc.The plugs and shocks fabbed rounds out the kit well and is a real good kit for the price.Many people not familiar with the cost of setting up a business think that you don't have anything invested in the equipment.I was a contractor on South Padre Island Tx,and every job paid a little bit of the tools and equipment that I had bought to do a particular job,as well as the $1,000,000 insurance that I had to carry.To do anything else is assurance of failure. lha

Here is a pre-welded kit from Visual Impact.Fell into place..fit like a glove.Great service.

Attachments

• chop1.jpg
    chop1.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
Its a great kit and if you can weld it goes together clean and has a nice look. I put the battery where the center stand went. You have to fab up a box and buy the good sealed battery but it worked out great and looked awsome . Bought seat from TCB and it fit perfect with the kick up in the back only lasted two weeks on the shop floor and the guy still rides it around town.
Very much worth the money.
KEEP CHOPPIN!!!

Back