Visual Impact BRAT KITS

I like your builds ... quality work !!:thumbsup: do you make extended kits so the seating area is back a little further.. for use with an extended swing arm 4-6 inchs

Last edited:
No, mainly just the one kit. I'm sure I could customize something to work for your needs though.

Last edited:
It's well worth it. I bought a seat for mine and wish now I would have built my own seat pan to match kit. I actually paid $200 for a rich phillips seat. Beutiful seat but it doesn't quite match contour of Brat Kit

just thought i would post this up. built it last summer, kit is very nice and will be ordering another one for my next build.

IMG_20110602_141249.jpg

IMG_20110522_111313.jpg

Thats probably the first seat I have ever seen on one of these kits that looked right.
jefft

Thats probably the first seat I have ever seen on one of these kits that looked right.
jefft

If your refering to mine, THANKS!! As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one, my buddy and I must mave tacked in the bars and ripped them off 15 times before we got it just right with the seat. Lots of work but def payed off.

Nice ! Thanks for posting the pics up. I love to see what others did with the kit. Thanks for the good words and I'm glad it worked out for you.

Nice ! Thanks for posting the pics up. I love to see what others did with the kit. Thanks for the good words and I'm glad it worked out for you.

Thank you sir :-D. I sold that one, I now have 2 more xs650's. A 79 with 7k bought from original owner for 250 bucks, only needed a set of coils. And just picked up a 81 with key, title all stock except for exhaust. Debating on which one to cut up lol

How'd you hook rear fender on? I'm still building mine and thought I'd have to use fender strutts

How'd you hook rear fender on? I'm still building mine and thought I'd have to use fender strutts

Well, I took the front fender and turned it around and trimmed as necessary. Then with the rear tire all the way forward I left enough space for clearance and welded it to the swingarm. Then I took a piece of metal rod and heated it up and bent it in shape to hug the top of the fender and welded it in place on the fender and on the sides on the swingarm. So that rod was my fender strut. In the pic it is just hard to spot cus of where I placed it and it is panted to match the fender part white then the sides are black.

this battery box turned out well i think

Attachments

• IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 386
dont seem to have much clearance between rear fender and tyre, how much travel is there on these shocks? gotta bottom out surely.........

Not much clearance at all, the fender is mounted to the swingarm, so it moves with the tire. On big bumps the fender would rub a back of the seat a little, nothing to worrie about though.

Back