Voltmeter clock thermometer Ordered one

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just ran into this on fleabay, and I ordered one, I'll report on how well it works but is pretty neat for $20 It has clock, in/out thermometer with remote, 70C max (158F):shrug: but the cool thing is: it also displays your battery voltage with a HIGH 15V AND LOW 11.5V warning light and buzzer. How cool is that? I will whack off the cigarette plug and wire direct into the headlight shell but anyway what a cool little toy and useful info all in one small package. I thought I would mount the remote temp under the gas tank or on the bottom end somewhere maybe back by the tranny. it should give a rather good proxy of how hot the engine is running. It will be a bit hard to read cause the display is small overall length is 5 1/4" but nice info even if only when stopped.
ViewImage.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Digi...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336882b800

A. not very
B. weather shield coming up
C. so what, it's $20.00 and will probably go back to working when it drys out.:laugh:

Tell us if it passes the 10,000 hr shake test :) I would buy it too if in my mind $20 didn't represent the cost of being 350 mi away from here :)

Tell us if it passes the 10,000 hr shake test :) I would buy it too if in my mind $20 didn't represent the cost of being 350 mi away from here :)
Never mind the gauge, I can't pass a 10 hour shake test!

Ah but to NOT be 350 miles away on a lonely road with a dead battery, Priceless.

Well, I got these for Xmas a couple of years ago from my beautiful bride:

cockpit4.jpg

They just clip onto the bars. No wiring. The clock is actually a Quartz battery powered watch. The thermometer is .......well, it's a thrmometer...no power required...:thumbsup:

Never mind the gauge, I
Ah but to NOT be 350 miles away on a lonely road with a dead battery, Priceless.

I nicked Pete's Alternator Fail Indicator (see post above), to do something similar.

Yes aircraft CHT gauge they have a probe that is held in place by the spark plugs not real cheap but used they can be had at a decent price, search cht on fleabay motors.

Hi ya Pete been hunting about for a small oil preasure gauge with low scale like yours any info on wear to obtain one online be much appreaciated thanks Steve B

irristeve,

That's a 1 1/2" Marshal liquid filled 0 to 20 PSI gauge that I got on Ebay.

The oil pressure on a XS650 is a nominal 14 PSI, but you will never see that after the engine warms up. It's somewhere between 4 to 7 PSI at 3,000 RPM, so you want a low pressure gauge like this Marshal. When you first start up, the gauge will go to max at idle, so it's a reminder to keep the revs low until the engine has completely warmed up to keep from damaging the sump screen. In fact, as I mentioned, I use the oil pressure gauge as a shift indicator until the pressure drops below 15 PSI.

When searching for this gauge, search for fuel pressure gauge instead of oil pressure gauge. Make sure it's a liquid filled gauge because the vibs from the XS650 will make short work of a dry gauge.

Back