1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Wanted Yamaha Key #2616

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by kettle738, Dec 23, 2019.

1. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

As per the title I'm looking for a matching key, hopefully genuine Yamaha (as per the one in the photo) with the plastic head, to make up a set of two for my bike......no one likes having just the one key!

I'm in the UK but happy to pay whatever it costs for postage etc.......... Mick.
    thumbnail_20191213_115353.jpg

Jim likes this.
  2. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before being parked Top Contributor

Colorado
    Try Ebay if you haven't. I found a genuine key for my '66 Honda Superhawk from a seller. Lots of sellers have old keys and list the #s.

Jim likes this.
  3. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

Thank you.....I have scoured ebay and haven't found an original key yet.... I learned along the way that Yamaha key blanks are quite varied; I know which blank I need and I can get a copy key cut in the UK which I will do, but I'm hoping someone on here might have a bunch of old keys or a long dead lock that happens to have an original 2616 key.......fingers crossed......Mick .

Mailman and Jim like this.
  4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Hi Kettle,
    You'll have better luck if you change your Title to WANTED.
    Top right you'll see Thread tools. Hover on that and select edit title.

Untitledc.png

Hover over the title and your selections fold out. Select WANTED and click save changes.

Untitled.png

Greyandridin and gggGary like this.
  5. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

Thanks for that.......I'm learning.......slowly, but learning all the same:umm:

gggGary and Jim like this.
  6. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

254___thumbs-up-emoji.png
    Where at in Kent? I was born in a little farmhouse a stones throw from Manston Airport (was RAF Manston at the time).

gggGary likes this.
  7. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

A little village called Ivychurch, in the heart of Romney Marsh.....roughly in the middle of nowhere by south east UK standards:D

Manston is currently closed as an airport, while an argument rages over what to do with it :(

azman857, gggGary and Jim like this.
  8. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

Weekend bump........still hunting for the elusive key #2616

9. kettle738

kettle738 XS650 Member

Still searching for key number 2616
    If anyone has one I'd really appreciate it as it seems a really difficult thing to find.

Mick.