Was running perfect, now acceleration problems.

Reaction score
So I recently finished rewiring my entire bike, kickstart only. She has been running great for the most part, just some problems at idle. So I went a tiny bit bigger on my pilot jets to help with the idle, also I was running a bit lean so I went form 125 main jet to 130. Then to finish the look off I taped off all the wiring, and decided to take her for a spin. Started out in first, and great, once I accelerated in second I heard a loud pop as if coming from the right side. And sense that it had terrible acceleration, and I could barley drive the bike at all. So I decided to go back to my stock jet size at 132.5 for the main jets, and when I did that, after I ran it for a bit she was back to normal. But this morning when I went to take her out, the same thing happened only without the pop sound. I went home for a bit recently and she was working again. I checked the spark plugs and the right side is a little wet, but nothing out of the ordinary, and the left looked a little lean. I'm thinking this has something to do with my coil shorting out on the right side. Or something to do with carbs. I really hope its not and engine thing. This is my first bike, and don't have too much knowledge, any advice is welcome. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Back