Waste of time 'cuz I'm dumb.

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
So it's raining...hard and of course I have nothing to do today. Figured I'd do the cam chain, valves, clutch, change oil thing today. A good "going over". Got everything done and was putting the last bit of oil in, when I slowly turned the engine over with the kicker a few times to move some oil around. HHmmmm, the kicker just goes, smoothly, down. No compression, no kick back, no thumping, wtf? Just smooth. So what did I do? I searched for 1 1/2 hours, looking over everything I had done. Completely back tracked, still a smooth, slow kick. I work slow and methodical.

I had read a post (xsleo, 5twins, someone) suggested that when you drain the oil, to tie the clutch lever back to release oil from between the plates and stuff.
Well, remember to untie the damn thing!!! :doh:
Worked fine after that.
Haha, oh well!

DOH!!!! :p

Hey, Bill... now and in the future, no fair competing with me for "dumb"! I won't have it!! This shall serve as fair notice that I intend to defend my throne with vigor! Choose your weapon, sir! :p

Glad you got it sorted, though! :)

TC

I just went for a ride and I really love when there's fresh oil and everything is properly adjusted. Feels like having new panties,uh, I mean pants on.

Excellent! :) Now come down and help me sort my Mik 36mm behavior. :p (Kidding... it's apart. I'll finish cleaning it this afternoon, I hope, weather permitting.)

that reminds me of when i was checking out my 650 before i bought it. i grabbed the clutch and tried kicking it over, damn near hyper extended my knee. i said to the seller "what's wrong with the kick starter?" guy looked at me like :wtf:

So it's raining...hard and of course I have nothing to do today. Figured I'd do the cam chain, valves, clutch, change oil thing today. A good "going over". Got everything done and was putting the last bit of oil in, when I slowly turned the engine over with the kicker a few times to move some oil around. HHmmmm, the kicker just goes, smoothly, down. No compression, no kick back, no thumping, wtf? Just smooth. So what did I do? I searched for 1 1/2 hours, looking over everything I had done. Completely back tracked, still a smooth, slow kick. I work slow and methodical.

I had read a post (xsleo, 5twins, someone) suggested that when you drain the oil, to tie the clutch lever back to release oil from between the plates and stuff.
Well, remember to untie the damn thing!!! :doh:
Worked fine after that.
Haha, oh well!

HAHA. I can imagine the wave of relief that washed over you when you realized what was "wrong." Nice for you!

You know, I'm changing the oil. Why would I look at the clutch lever? :laugh:

Only reason I noticed it was because I sat on the bike to kick it.

I was relieved though. I thought I screwed up the valves, left the plugs out, or something.

Back