For Sale - Webb cam

jerry57g

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sale is a Webb cam with .395 lift. I used it for ~5 races (1/2 miles). Then changed to a Shell, The Shell works better with the Lillie head. It has one end machined off for cover clearance, but as I use a CDI system it was not needed. It is in Very Good shape. Cam is a new not re-ground. Asking 170.00 with free shipping, Shipping will be USPS More pics available upon request Payment is with Paypal or money order, no checks paypal jerry57g@outlook.com
PIC000.JPG

did you have matching valve springs for this cam , or specs, or where to get them if you dont? im unfamiliar with if stock springs will work with that cam, I am a little interested Im starting a build with a 750 kit and I was going to use a xs1 cam, mostly due to its diferent valve timing, let me know thanks

The cam will need aftermarket springs. This cam has a fixed cam timing unlike the newer ones. It is made for the 447 series motors with, I think 36 tooth sprockets. I don't have the spec sheet anymore, at least I can't find it. And the cam has either a .395 or a .410 lift. I believe it has the .395 which is why I went with the Shell cam. It also can't be used with a points system as I machined off one end for cover clearance. I removed the stock covers with the seals and ran a flat plate with just a gasket.

I also have more pics.PIC006.JPG

Attachments

• PIC003.JPG
    PIC003.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 98
  • PIC002.JPG
    PIC002.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 114
  • PIC004.JPG
    PIC004.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 141
Also this is a new cam not a regrind. The springs I used in all of my race bikes were RD springs. Cheaper than a lot out there but quality never had an issue with them. You can see the cam specs by going to www.webcamshafts.com this cam is the 359 one.

hmm Im using a Boyer ignition with electronic advance, Im gonna have to look and see what goes on the cam and what doesnt,
dont wast your time yet, but if I can use it can you point me in the direction of the RD springs,....oh lol, I just got it LIKE RD350 spring dUuuuuu! k never mind on that request, ill look and see about the boyer setup and get back to you

EDIT: ok so the boyer just has a aluminum disk with two magnets in it atached to a thru rod that goes to the other side of the cam, Im curious how much you ground off the side, I belive I can just make a spacer on my lathe, ALSO does the cam have the bushings inside it for the thru rod??

EDIT EDIT: lol, ok i see you didnt even use a seal on that side right? no housing atol just a cover right against the head? hmmmm ,Im inerested and I still belive I can make a steped spacer that fits inside the cam and will be my new seal surface as well as space out the boyer trigger disk, do you happe to have another cam you can set next to it to show me the amount removed??

Last edited:
dont wast your time yet, but if I can use it can you point me in the direction of the RD springs,....oh lol, I just got it LIKE RD350 spring dUuuuuu! k never mind on that request, ill look and see about the boyer setup and get back to you

RD350 Valve springs!?
now I'm confused.:poke:

im also a little confused now because if i understand the specs correctly, the cam for sale here has les lift and duration than a stock cam? am I missing something??web cam site says
359 cam specs lift .395/.395 duration .280/.280 at@ 0.050 dur .240/.240
I must be missing somethig ,someone help me out here the .395 web vs 39.88 xs1 cam lift??? HUH? are these difernet forms of measurements, its wierd where the desimal point is, i must not be seing something

EDIT: ok got it the web cam is inshes 0.395 and the xs cam would be 0.381 if in inches so it is a slitly larger lift

EDIT EDIT :lol wow im all over the place today I wasnt looking at lift on the xs1 cam i was looking at lobe hight, the lift on xs650 cam is 7.991mm or 0.381 inch duh, my stupid brain sometime lol
144194-fab7ecb5759b0a1d448e7f61cfe1acf1.jpg

144195-b240ee16a6df8107f28b8bbf4bbb57e0.jpg
144196-dcf18b0d1eca5a23c4034506343b530a.jpg
144197-4de273af5156edb9d054459a281b8f24.jpg

Last edited:
i got it now, i edited the last post twice to reflect my brain fart, web is using imerial meashurment and yamaha is using metric so i lost my marbles for a minute, but I found them and put them back in there jar

oooo yummy, I love this kind of tech data, Ive actually serched for this stuff before and not found much, My friends tell me my serches have to many words in them... so it seems to me with the imformation in that thread you could adjust valve stem lenght to achive a different duration? does anyone agree or diasagree, I never really understood it fully but in chevy 350 with hydrolic lifters leaving the adjustment of the rocker arms twards the loose side of the spec (lifter being further up inside itself) gives you slightly more duration, so im thinking that my therey here is kinda the same but different :umm:

Back