Weird BS 34 Variant?

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am cleaning up a set of black BS34's that came on Canadian '84 with a black engine. They are not all that dirty and they have gone through a few cycles in the HF ultra sonic cleaner. (I only use it because I have it, it does not seem to make much difference, but I tell myself that those passageways that I cannot reach are whistle cleaned by the tool.)

Try as I might, I cannot find the third bypass hole in the throat by the throttle plate on the right hand carb. The left hand carb has the group of three and the single one, but the right has a group of two and the single. I have poked around with a fine pick, but cannot feel anything that might indicate that the third hole is there but full of crud.

is this something for Ripley's?

Attachments

• SAM_3265.JPG
    SAM_3265.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 327
Showing your age. I loved that show. Could it be in 84 they did away with it? Perhaps the passage wasnt drilled all the way and slipped pass qc. Put them on and see how they do.

Well, they started the bike, runs well enough to vibrate back on the centre stand, but spits and back fires some. I have to look up the parts diagram for this to see how the handle bar controlled choke hooks onto the choke rod.

Probably my efforts are better used cleaning a different set of BS 34's as gas was dribbling out of the bell mouths too.

cheers

Back