Well I did it. I drug home that 73 750 Twin you guy's told me not to buy.

It looks to be decent cosmetically. For 40 georges, clean it up and hang it on the wall!

Is that a GS650 hiding in the upper left?

Man you got good eyes. I had a hard time seeing it, but it's there. That's my 82 Suzuki GS 650 G that I brought back from the dead. I got it from my Dad 20 year's ago. It was always a POS. I gave it to my Son. He sold it for a carton of cigarets. That guy made it nice. That's until he got drunk and crashed it. I bought it back last year after being gone for 20 year's. I paid $100. I've put a good little chunk in it. But I love it. What can I say.

You may need a '74 or newer 650 to utilize the swingarm. It's a drop-in for those later models. Identical in every way to the later 650 arms except it has larger diameter tubes so it's stiffer .....

Swingarms.jpg

So what exactly happens to these thing's when the crank goes. Does it lock up the motor. I can see rust in the cylinder, so I know for sure that could be why it's locked up. But I'm wondering what else I might be looking at.

There is no oil in the tank. I guess it could have leaked out over the years. Or maybe it was just run dry. I'm going to check for oil in the case's tomorrow.

As far a freeing up the motor goes, here's what's been done. The guy I got it from put ATF in there. Didn't work. I put Kroil in for 24 hour's. It didn't work. I now have a home made concoction that a local mechanic swears by. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try either vinegar or Evaporust. I'm kinda scared of the vineger because it's an acid. I'm worried that if it get's in the motor I will have a hard time neutralizing it.

So do you guy's have any magic tricks to try and free this thing up. I'm just concerned there might be a reason this thing got parked in 1984. Maybe I worry too much though. :D

You may need a '74 or newer 650 to utilize the swingarm. It's a drop-in for those later models. Identical in every way to the later 650 arms except it has larger diameter tubes so it's stiffer .....

Swingarms.jpg

I checked on this a while back. IIRC,,I could put a later model on my 72,,but it was defiantly longer.

Again & Again, Marvel Mystery Oil... gonna need to rebuild the SOB to make it reliable probably, but things sure are easier to rebuild if they are loosey goosey.

Brake fluid...depends where its locked up. If its the cylinders you might get it loose, if its done the crank - nothing's gonna free it up.
Good luck.

You are aware it doesn't mount like the XS650 tank?

Hey. You're koc-blocking my sale! :D:laugh: J/K Besides that, he wouldn't get it for $40. :bike:

He's right. It won't fit a XS650. The front mount is the same, but the back is different. Of course if you was wanting to do something custom,,,that's different.

I forgot to tell you guy's. I got this really neato, groovy fairing with it too. :D

full

Oh ya. I got a factory service manual too. Heck. That's probably worth my $40. :shrug:

full

That may be a Wixom Ranger, a very popular fork mount fairing back in the late '60s/early '70s. That alone is probably worth more than $40. You can probably get 2 to 3 times that for it on eBay. Guys looking to dress up their early '70s restos with correct period accessories will kill for it.

Cal you didn't say anything about the fairing or I would have held out to trade for it!!: )
If it is good condition I'll haul the motor to you for a swap.

Cal you didn't say anything about the fairing or I would have held out to trade for it!!: )
If it is good condition I'll haul the motor to you for a swap.

Well Dan, if I can't get this motor broke loose...... :laugh:

When would you be able to make the trip.

It's a Twelfth Dimension fairing. When I get a chance I will give it a bath and post some more pic's. I think it will wash up nice. Just looking at it now it looks perfect. But then again, it has dirt from 1984 sitting on it since it's been parked that long.

full

Pull that engine, mod the mounts to put an XS650 engine in there.
Even do a 750 kit with rephase and it will vibe less than that balanced 750 that came out.
The good title was well worth the $40. Even if you cut the neck out and built a frame on it, that's a good price.
Leo

XSLeo just came up with the best suggestion I have ever heard for a TX750. If someone does that I may have to take my earlier post back!

Back