Well I finally started my project....

:laughing: Now those are some Hammers! Mesh side covers look good jmink427.
Your filter idea might "straighten" the air flow to your carbs, wouldn't be a bad thing.
I like the look of it too.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys.. Johnt3 that's the idea with the stainless tubing. The pods block the openings for the jets some what. I figure this will be a good fix for it..... And it looks different.. :thumbsup:

Made these today to adapt the tubing to the carbs. tubing is 2" O.D and carbs are about 2.085" O.D. I got to weld these on the tubes tomorrow... Looks like no obstruction of the air jet ports from the filters now! :thumbsup:

temporary_zps4ffc0921.jpg

temporary_zps363e5b0c.jpg

temporary_zps245bc441.jpg

Got the pipes on today and thats about it... Had to mow, trim the weed, trim the hedges, yada yada yada...... I also found that the my lathe motor is toast! :(

temporary_zps70e99216.jpg

temporary_zps7e841975.jpg

temporary_zps89a63639.jpg

Pipes look great jmink427!:thumbsup: Did you run baffles in yours?
Sucks to hear about your lathe motor. What's a new one cost for it? Looks to be a pretty good sized one.
I went outside and looked at my yard today... Yep, still there!:D
I'll mow next weekend man!

Thanks.... No baffles yet I'm gonna see what it sounds like without them first... It's not that big its just a old 3/4 hp... Probably gonna cost $150-$200 for a new one...

First time she's seen sunshine in a while... waiting on the tank then button up the fuel system and give her crank.. fingers crossed! :wink2:

temporary_zpse1ad3354.jpg

temporary_zps47d34d39.jpg

temporary_zps873c1903.jpg

temporary_zps8edcd67f.jpg

temporary_zpsb71034f4.jpg

Got the tank on and took her for a spin today!!!! :D :bike: I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Video of it running at the bottom...

temporary_zpsa85f4bec.jpg

temporary_zpsd5f1c9c8.jpg

That's frickin' awesome man! Your tank looks good jmink427.:thumbsup: Good to hear you got to ride her man! Damn it, now that's another one of you guys that's got their bike up and running!:banghead::D

Thanks for the kind comments.... I rode it to work today a few hiccups, from the carbs, looks like i need to go through them... I got home and rode her around the block (about 5 miles) and she started cutting out. I got her home and found that it's not charging.. I'll have to do some troubleshooting tomorrow... Hopefully is something simple like a plug came undone. :shrug:

Back