Well I finally started my project....

Well she's charging again, apparently it wasn't charging at all due to the fact I for got to supply 12 volts to the regulator..... I guess I had a blonde moment...

:doh:

I rode her to work this morning. She did pretty good.. I still need to do some carb work. I pretty sure I got a hole in one of the diaphrams... Oh did I mention it was 37* this morning.. Made for a brisk ride.... :laugh:

Good job jeff, I love how you repurposed so many original parts and still managed to make a rad bike. Thanks for the pegs too, im gonna use the heck out of them.

I rode my bike around today a bit.. I have definitely got to do some carburetor work.. A lot of the time i take off it will start to take off and then cough and go... also going to check the timing may have a little to much advance....

Went for a pretty good ride today, came home and made a few adjustment to the carburetors. I moved the clips on the needles to the lowest groove seemed to help quit a bit on tip in on the throttle..... While I was out I decided to take a few pictures....

temporary_zpsad5ad305.jpg

temporary_zps3a015eae.jpg

temporary_zps79719f06.jpg

Your bike is lookin' damn nice man! Good to hear you got to ride today jmink427.:bike: How's the ride?

Thanks John... She rides out pretty good and moving the needle clips to fatten it up a bit made it act a little better too. I notice the bumps a little more since the seat padding isn't as thick as the original seat was... There is no way I'm man enough for a hard tail on this thing. :shrug:

No hardtail? Awe come on jmink427! Don't tell me that!:laugh: I think your on your way to a damn good runner man. I'll have to keep a look out for the pot holes around here!:D

Well bikes been doing pretty good except for the carb hiccups till today... I went to fire her this morning for work just like everyday and the starter has issues... It will spin but isn't engaging... I not sure what it is yet but I'll be kick starting her for a while, just don't have the time to tear in to her right now.....:(

Sorry to hear about the starter problems jmink427.
I have a starter gear repair kit that has the gear,compression spring and clip if you need it.
Part #24-6522
I won't be using it cause I went kick only, I might regret that, but I'm a man's man, man.:laugh:
Do you still have that flat spot off idle?

Sorry to hear about the starter problems jmink427.
I have a starter gear repair kit that has the gear,compression spring and clip if you need it.
Part #24-6522
I won't be using it cause I went kick only, I might regret that, but I'm a man's man, man.:laugh:
Do you still have that flat spot off idle?

I'm not sure whats wrong with the starter yet. I haven't checked it out yet, I just kick it a go..... I still have the dead spot, comes and goes. I'm gonna go through the carbs this winter.. I'm thinking it could be the diaphrams and slides sticking a bit... I got one that just don't act right, I'm thinking it may have a hole in it....

Back