Well I finally started my project....

Hugh, I have my original tank and side covers off my 75 standard, I won't be usin.g them, be happy to send them your way, if we can work something out... pm .me

Made this fixture to relocate the swing arm pivot.... worked like a champ.. now to make some weld in sleeves for pivot shaft......:thumbsup:

temporary-140.jpg

temporary-141.jpg

temporary-142.jpg

temporary-143.jpg

Thats one way to stretch the wheelbase! Smart work...

Thank you for the compliment.... I have you to thank for all this silly nonsense...:D It was one of your bikes that got me to thinking about doing one of these bikes....... This one....

xs650_side.jpg

Got a little done today before work.. Got the upper shock mounts on set the ride height.... I'm topped out on the adjusters, so I may have to up a little on the spring rate..... I guess I'm a fat ass! :laugh:

temporary-151.jpg

temporary-150.jpg

temporary-148.jpg

Those shocks are at nearly 45 degrees, which effectively cuts their damping and spring rate in 1/2 over a shock mounted vertically. You'll definitely want some stiffer springs... I like that tank work too - clean

Those shocks are at nearly 45 degrees, which effectively cuts their damping and spring rate in 1/2 over a shock mounted vertically. You'll definitely want some stiffer springs... I like that tank work too - clean

Wouldn't happen to know what the stock spring rate is off the top of your head would you?? :confused:

bro jminx let me cry out loud first lookin that beautifull lady bein choped out.. LOL
if u know the price of xs650 with that kind of condition, u will cry like i do.. LOL
but like the progress so far.. at least she" in the right hand...:) cheers from indo..

javafinger

I like How you tapered the tank! Fits the lines of the bike perfect! Wish I had the skills to pull that off lol

Thanks.......If mine turns out half as good as yours I'll be pleased....... I just couldn't find a tank that I wanted.... This one had a big dent in the top so it wasn't like I was gonna lose a whole lot if it didn't work out....... I still have to pressure test it, but I feel confident...:thumbsup:

What kind of bars are you going to run?

Undecided.... thinking almost straight bars with 4" risers..... I was just looking at this tonight figuring how I want to make the risers....... Something like this maybe... open for suggestions........:confused:

0000_Bikemaster_Drag_Bar_Handlebar.jpg

Back