Well I finally started my project....

Sweet build, and good looking welds. What kind of TIG machine do you have? You're making me reconsider whether I actually want to build a hard tail or not.

Side note: I can't believe nobody has mentioned that '69... I spy a fuel rail in that engine bay. Details, please? We're currently building one for a friend. We're in the paint stage now... it's got an ls1 and t56, dakota digital gauges, vintage air, etc, etc...

Sweet build, and good looking welds. What kind of TIG machine do you have? You're making me reconsider whether I actually want to build a hard tail or not.

Side note: I can't believe nobody has mentioned that '69... I spy a fuel rail in that engine bay. Details, please? We're currently building one for a friend. We're in the paint stage now... it's got an ls1 and t56, dakota digital gauges, vintage air, etc, etc...

I got an older Miller Syncrowave 250 probably a mid '80's model... The '69 is one I'm working on for a guy.. It has a Art Morrison Max G chassis and will have a LS style engine, nor sure what yet.... LS3????? Manual transmission 5 or 6 speed.... I still have to put radiator supports, seat mounts, back bar, and build the headers.........

Lucky you! The Misses won't allow me to enter the man cave aka "the garage" this weekend.

She's got to sleep sometime........ just sneak out when she does! :D

Good for you jmink427. Hope you get some good work done.I'm betting on working on mine
Sunday.

Sunday I will probably be working on the 2013 Hot Rod Drag Week car..We still got a way to go on it, but its' gonna be Badass! :thumbsup:

We did the Power Tour last year and my do a little of it this year but not the long haul as we did last year.......

In the shop trying to figure where to put all this crap.. battery, stater solenoid, rectifier, regulator, etc.......:banghead:

Power Tour,Cool!:thumbsup: You have to post some pics.
You'll figure it out.Hell,it all came off it.:D I looked at mounting my solenoid down by the starter,but the damn thing is so ugly. I might run one after I get mine up and running, if I can find a good looking one for cheap. I'm still running the start wire down to the electrics tank just in case.:D

Johnt3,,,,,,, Here is a picture they put in the the October 2012 issue of Hot Rod.. It's a '66 Impala that we rescued... The write up they did on us is called "Do it Cheap".. It's about half way down on the web page..... I was driving when they took the picture and my buddy Lance is in the passenger side, the car belongs to him... I'm just one of the 'grunts"... lol.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_1210_2012_power_tour_proves_you_can_kill_your_prius/viewall.html

hrdp_1210_80_2012_power_tour_proves_you_can_kill_your_prius.jpg

That car does sit just right. Running the Power Tour sounds like a blast.
Alright, quit screwing around and get to work on your bike.

Got a little done today... After thinking and trial and error this is what I cam up with.. I made a battery box and mounted the regulator on one side and the safety relay on the other... I then made a bracket and mounted the starter solenoid in front of the battery box. I still need to mount the rectifier, it's going to the battery box as well.

temporary_zps5e1123c4.jpg

temporary_zps1d44f988.jpg

temporary_zps54253b3a.jpg

temporary_zps204d263e.jpg

temporary_zps300b362d.jpg

temporary_zps8922b088.jpg

Good job on the battery box! It came out clean! Need to figure out where to put my starter relay but might do something similar to what you did!

I built something similar for the battery, but smaller to fit the Bellistic 8 cell. Way smaller/lighter and should still turn the starter if I decide to use it.

Your build is looking good, by the way.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 210
Back