Well I finally started my project....

Made mounts for the coils and found a place for the condensers on the front of the battery box. I'll mount them tomorrow....

temporary_zpsed98dd04.jpg

temporary_zps1c2b7dbf.jpg

temporary_zps06f6e63c.jpg

jmink427, Nice and tidy.:thumbsup: Are you gonna make up some side covers? Make sure you get some new plug wires or you might get a good shock in a bad place.:D

jmink427, Nice and tidy.:thumbsup: Are you gonna make up some side covers? Make sure you get some new plug wires or you might get a good shock in a bad place.:D

Thanks, I'm about to run out of room....... I'm not sure about covers yet.. I'llsee what it looks like and then decide....

Got the bullet pulled from the frame this evening... I got to figure out how I want to support the rear fender and mount a tail/brake light and a tag....:umm:

temporary_zps09be74fa.jpg

temporary_zps0278c1de.jpg

Got the bullet pulled from the frame this evening... I got to figure out how I want to support the rear fender and mount a tail/brake light and a tag....:umm:

temporary_zps09be74fa.jpg

temporary_zps0278c1de.jpg

Did you make some custom hoist to get the engine out? It was pretty brutal on my back lol. I really don't know how to get the engine back in without doing damage to the bodywork later.

Did you make some custom hoist to get the engine out? It was pretty brutal on my back lol. I really don't know how to get the engine back in without doing damage to the bodywork later.

I used my engine hoist that I use on my cars... It's picked up a few Big Block Chevys so I knew it was up to the task... I did however have to clamp a piece of 3" channel to the boom to be able to reach over the lift table because the lower legs hit the lift..... I'm not using my back unless I have to....

Hey guys, I hear ya on going easy on my back!:D I'm gonna strip mine down then I'll just lay her down on one side unbolt the engine then pick the frame up and out.To hell with trying to hoist that heavy lump out of the frame.:laugh:

Hey guys, I hear ya on going easy on my back!:D I'm gonna strip mine down then I'll just lay her down on one side unbolt the engine then pick the frame up and out.To hell with trying to hoist that heavy lump out of the frame.:laugh:

:thumbsup: Great idea!

Not mine, but I'll be using it for dang sure!Going back together the same way only use a blankey to keep the paint in good shape.

Rear fender brackets done. Now i need to cap the tubes behind the seat and get ready to paint the frame...

temporary_zps03dbe9b0.jpg

temporary_zps01e7265f.jpg

Back