What are you sitting on?

mrkelvinator

XS650 Member
Reaction score
G'day All,

So this is yet another tyre (tire) thread. But to make things simple, I wanna know what tyres (tires) you guys are running on. I'm based in Australia (hence i say tyres) and so far the best options I can see are the Dunlop D404s or K591.

What say you?

PS. I'm new to this forum cause I only got my 78 XS650 a couple of weeks ago, she's got 12000Km on the clock and I've yet to start her and she hasn't been for a year but is looking pretty sweet - waiting on parts to come in from Mikes. :D

Cheers,
Kelvin.

For your second post, do you start "yet another" oil thread?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ok then, from one Aussie to another, I am running Metzeler Lasertecs on my '78 Special. Once warmed up, they provide good enough grip for me - this was at Broadford a few weeks ago. My right header would scrape on the final right-hander, found the ground clearance limit before the tyre limit, so for the way I ride my XS they are fine.

And before you ask / to save you searching - I am running Mobil Super 4T 20W-50 :wink2:

So where in Oz are you located? It's not in your profile.

We're going to go with Avon Venoms on my wife's '80 with mags. They'll have more grip then the Dunlops but look more like a modern tire.

I run Avon cobra's on my Raider and couldn't be happier with the tire...most guys I know are getting 10-12k on the cobra in a 700lb 96RWhp bike. I'll be happy if I can get near that with the venom on a light weight xs650.

Back