What Are Your Favorite Record Albums Covers?

Mick, you must've been vibing on me man!
I almost added this one. All my HIGH school buddies had this album. Remember the liner slid out so you could see all the marijuana stashed inside the car doors! Lol
IMG_5353.JPG

Went to an Iron Maiden concert back in the '80s. Huge indoor stadium. Sound pressure levels were so intense that I had a hard time breathing. Awesome...
I recall having a similar, "hard time breathing" experience in the '80's at The Channel nightclub in Boston with the Jon Butcher Axis band. Likely the sound pressure, plus the high volume of pot smoke.
No wonder I'm so bad at math since then......

Jon-Butcher--646x350.jpg

All good covers. If I could post pics I'd go with just about any and all of Zappas work and collusions, with "We're Only in it for the Money" tying with "Uncle Meat" for first in line. I'd throw Beefheart in there too. Clear Spot by Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band was interesting in its simplicity.

How about this - a bunch of 40-80+ year olds debating about which rock album covers are best and how to squeeze more power out of old motorcycles.

(EDIT: personally, I like the covers that feature attractive, partially clad women rather than spaceships or fire-breathing dragons with knives coming out of their @ssholes - but that's just me....).

Most guys our age are blabbing about getting a discount on their next Buick, medical plans or which brand of orthopedic shoes are best for shuffleboard. ;)

Last edited:

Looks like someone was desperately trying to solve their starter problems.

I always liked this one because I was a spotty, lonely teen with no friends. I used to turn my ghettoblaster up to ten, lie down on the floor, and turn the speakers inwards to my ears for full effect. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but tinnitus is a bear.

Growing up Pentecostal, with clergy in the family, this cover was offensive on so many levels. Result!

I liked this album cover because it was simple and revolting, much like me in 1983.

Hey, my XS is an 83....

maxresdefault.jpg

url

Looks like someone was desperately trying to solve their starter problems.

I always liked this one because I was a spotty, lonely teen with no friends. I used to turn my ghettoblaster up to ten, lie down on the floor, and turn the speakers inwards to my ears for full effect. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but tinnitus is a bear.

Growing up Pentecostal, with clergy in the family, this cover was offensive on so many levels. Result!

I liked this album cover because it was simple and revolting, much like me in 1983.

Hey, my XS is an 83....

maxresdefault.jpg

url
Mac,
You tell an interesting personal story.
I had my Black Sabbath period, too, and those record albums still get some play.
Got an '83 Heritage, too.

**Aaack!** Is that John Lithgow on that first cover?

Might as well plug my other fav pair in here.
View attachment 106485 View attachment 106486
And I thought some of my posts have been bizarre. You guys are entering another realm.....what did Rod Serling call it....?

Sorry, I'll stop after this!
The good.....
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

The bad......

The creepy......

Bwaahaahaa! I'm cracking myself up! Ok ok I'll stop now. Sorry Dude. The internet really is a goldmine of weird stuff.

Back