What Are Your Favorite Record Albums Covers?

Jon-Butcher--646x350.jpg
This picture reminds me I went to Nashville to see Billy Cox play at a little bar. There was a female Hendrix impersonator who Billy slightly implied was a better player than Jimi... She was kind of stocky and could pass for a man, with the right getup. No idea who she was. The next morning I was listening to music in a bar and she went walking down the street. I ran out to get her, but she had disappeared.

This picture reminds me I went to Nashville to see Billy Cox play at a little bar. There was a female Hendrix impersonator who Billy slightly implied was a better player than Jimi... She was kind of stocky and could pass for a man, with the right getup. No idea who she was. The next morning I was listening to music in a bar and she went walking down the street. I ran out to get her, but she had disappeared.
As a matter of fact, some say that Jon Butcher never really "hit the big time" because he sounded too much like Jimi.

So, now we have an answer to this question:

What did Bob reply to his wife this morning when she asked him, "Honey, now that you're retired, how are you going to spend your time?"

;)

Always enjoyed following the life of Eddie, the mascot of the band Iron Maiden. This cover is from '86 and the last time I saw them live. Like it 'cause it incorporates images from their 5 previous albums.
carey.jpg

All this Stormy Daniels news coverage has reminded me of one of my favorite album covers.
Boxer, 1975, "Below the Belt", a cover which was quickly censored.
Lead vocals by Mike Patto.

(Deleted by me)

Last edited:
Goes and searches for my vinyl record collection...or the remains of it after the 27 years of hell they copped!
Some missing, some that dont belong to me, all a little battle scarred....
The Beatles...."White Album"... hehehe!
actually Motorhead "Bomber" and Hawkwind "Space Ritual " are pretty cool...they all go back 40ish years to some very wild times.
O
20180318_220255.jpg
20180318_220208.jpg
20180318_220133.jpg
20180318_220052.jpg
ne not many would have heard or seen
Buffalo "only want you for your body"

Van the Man what a legend !...
56+ Albums over 50+ years there are plenty of covers to choose from.
I've always liked the mysterious allegorical cover images, Album Titles and lyrics of some of his earlier recordings
hard nosed the highway.jpg

Lets include the back cover.

HardNoseHighway_1-12.jpg
do you know I'd never realised the back and front were a single image !..... I haven't looked at my record collection in over 30 years I must go through and check them out and discover all that I've missed all this time Cheers YD

.. I haven't looked at my record collection in over 30 years I must go through and check them out
What an exciting exploration !
If I lived over on your side of The Pond, I'd invite myself over and bring beer. (ale?).

Album artist for Hard Nose on the Highway:

Rob Springett
Some of his other cover art:

Santana's Abraxas
tumblr_nyuiusRihY1u7nvnao2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyuiusRihY1u7nvnao9_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyuiusRihY1u7nvnao5_500.jpg

tumblr_nyuiusRihY1u7nvnao1_r1_500.jpg

What an exciting exploration !
If I lived over on your side of The Pond, I'd invite myself over and bring beer. (ale?).

now theres a night that would last a long weekend ! ;)
Fantastic artwork thanks for the lead. I saw Santana at The Colston Hall Bristol way back in the late 70s amazing gig

Back