What carbs can i run

Gotcha, I'm still undecided as to which ones I want to run. Do you have any pros/cons on the k&n's so far?

I have been running strictly the K&N's since I got the bike put together with quite a few different setups (BS34's on stock internals, BS34's on 3rd over internals, CVK34's on 3rd over internals, CVK34's on 3rd over rephased) and I have had no problems. I have read that the Uni's flow a litttle "smoother" but I haven't personally run them. All in all my experience with the genuine K&N's has been favorable.

I'm thinking I'll end up with the K&N's myself as well. If ya don't mind me picking your brain a bit more ippy, how did you hook up the throttle cable to these ex500 carbs? Am I gonna need to use a different cable for these?? Also, the fuel line, will that hook up similar? Thanks for the help!

My setup probably isn't going to help you out much as far as throttle cable or fuel line because the throttle housing and throttle tube I am using are from a '73 Kaw Z1 and the tank is an aftermarket tank for a Honda Rebel. As far as the cable I have I just got a stock length for the donor bike from motion pro and cut it to length then made my own cable end (at the carb end) and soldered it on. The fuel line was a non issue since the outlet of the petcock was about the same size (just a touch smaller) as the tee for the carbs, it was a tight fit on the tee and a loose fit on the petcock so I used small spring clamps on both ends and have had no leaks even though I have taken them off and on quite a few times.

Looks like I'll have to get creative, no biggie. I appreciate your advice and help! I'm sure I'll be asking more questions and hitting the search button a few more times before I'm on the road with this bike!

Back