What did you do today?

lassenc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I had a very good session in the garage today. I found the culprits of my charging issues. By the rectifier I had some broken and missing wires. Also got the stator off, which was a pain really. So I an soon ready to install the permanent system. Found out that the domed nut on the footrest can be used for undoing the fork caps.

What did you do?

Posted via Mobile

I cold patched 30 miles of roads. When I get home its gonna be all bout coors n bondo.

Posted via Mobile

took apart bike, going to finish taking motor out of frame when i figure out how

removing paint from frame/tank

ordered seat pan/springs/

Built a fender mount for a Twin Cam here in the shop, mocked up the rear brakes, installed the charging system, machined wheel spacers, and then took a break for lunch...

Fed 125 inmates, worked on the 929 in school, pushed the XS650 off the rack @ school to make room for a YZ250 for the students when they come back from lock down, and finished my taxes.

I moved my newly painted fender from curing out in the sun to under the carport roof for the night. Also, 2 bungs arrived....

Machined and tapped a 3/8 NPT fuel bung, tigged it to the tank, filled two tank holes, powdercoated all the engine covers, made some mounting brackets on the CNC plasma, made some threaded bungs to weld into the frame, sandblasted one of the side covers, and put the clutch back together.

Found out aircraft paint stripper works poorly in temps under 70*! Funny, it mentioned that in the directions...but opening the garage door to provide the "well ventilated area" as also mentioned in the directions dropped the temp....some days you just can't win!

I couldnt stand the dirty shop anymore, put all the rubber mats out in the sun and washed them, moved all the bikes to one end of the shop and swept and then mopped. and mopped. and mopped. Then , moved all the bikes and stuf to the other end of the shop and swept, and mopped, and mopped and mopped.....Then realized I dont have any beer. I live in a dry county.:(:banghead:

I dont make a lot in the garage, but I think my friend solder the rest of the frame of my project today, I am waiting for some parts of the states to start with the engine...

continued reassembling a set of BS34s, finished up removing the wire guide from a TX750 rear hub, bought a used miller synchrowave 180 SD TIG welder! Now I really can't wait for Monday's welding class.

Last edited:
Back