What do you do for a living ???

Mechanical...I do process development ( fixturing, tooling design, program ) on CNC equipment, usually new equipment and new parts, specials ect. Currently working on 38mm swiss machines, and twin spindle triple turret lathes. Ive been doing leather work for awhile, got a divorce like 4 years ago, lost my ass, my business and the LLC and rights to my name. Got my life back together, married an amazing woman, and now im back in business. Thinking about making a post in the "shops" section

totally new here so I figured I would post my career - started working for family business when I was 14, they had a small factory that did defense contracting (protective handwear), went to work for a group of tanneries then somehow ended up in Insurance (strange career track). Hate what I do now but I allows me to play with toys like my XS bobber build etc. I miss having a finished product at the end of the day instead of some BS intangible profit for someone I have never even met. About 13 years ago I started importing heavy off road trucks (Unimogs, MAN, Tatra's and Urals) that keeps me sane and a make a few bucks here and there. Nothing I could ever afford to do full time of earn a living from.

totally new here so I figured I would post my career - started working for family business when I was 14, they had a small factory that did defense contracting (protective handwear), went to work for a group of tanneries then somehow ended up in specialty insurance (strange career track). Don't love what I do but it allows me to play with toys like my XS bobber build etc. I miss having a finished product at the end of the day instead of some BS intangible profit for someone I have never even met.

About 13 years ago I started importing heavy off road trucks (Unimogs, MAN, Tatra's and Urals) www.vermont-unimog.com - that keeps me sane and a make a few bucks here and there. Nothing I could ever afford to do full time of earn a living from.

We use the vertical shaft 13.5 (de-tuned to 10.5). Good engine.

Yeah i recently found out that they did that, all they do is stick a block plate that covers part of the carb opening and then turn down the fuel mixture. That is a good idea I suppose.

Always interesting to see what people do (or are supposed to be doing instead of browsing this forum) for work.

I work for a fire truck & ambulance dealer doing all of the graphics/striping/lettering etc. When I am not doing that I am helping install stuff on the trucks (lights, axes/halligans/pike poles, hose reels, etc.). Love it!

Here are a few trucks I found pics of from the last 6 months or so. If I find any better ones I will update but these are ok for now.

So what do you do?

Aircraft mechanic. Currently looking for new opportunities.

2697_1053316769417_4503760_n.jpg

31169_1289148225056_4386018_n.jpg

I'm a warehouse manager when I'm not in the warehouse I'm in my office on this forum or drawing with my crayons lol check out my album. I drew my avatar aswell

I'm a GM auto tech,(off off of work with a back inj.tri'en to get fixed)have been for over
30 years and I teach adult education auto mechanics at night.( ya 15 hour days suck)
going nut's and driving my wife nuts at home all day now!!! I had a street rod shop 18 years ago (do to dev. and exwife had to sell )any way I love xs's way too much. I have a problem, first step is to admit I have a problem.

I am a Pricing Analyst for Petroleum fuels such as gasoline, diesel, etc. Been working for the same company for 15 years in various tasks. Inside sales, outside sales, and now Pricing.

My family owns a company that does similar things. We sold more motorola equipment in 2011 than any other dealer in the united states. We do lights and sirens and radios and all kinds of other stuff for govt. and law enforcement all over the country. Even sell gps tracking systems.

My other family, inlaws, owns a screenprinting and embroidery company.

I used to own a Surgical distrubution company, worked in the Ophthalmic industry selling, installing, repairing, moving.....and everything else you can imagine...for eye doctors and surgeons.

I also did photograhy for a few years.

And Im in a band.

Now, .....im in customer service.:doh:

Used to be in the computer/electronics industry, Datapoint, GTE, NCR, CAD systems, Adaptec/Dell, FlightSafety flight sims. Then got cancer, retired/disabled. Now live in the woods, feed critters, watch the trees grow, and listen for strange sounds in the night...

Back