What do you do for a living ???

Checkered past; degree in English composition, USMC Viet Nam vet, 26 years in advertising agencies. In 1992 I sold my ad agency interests to my partners and moved to our lake cabin in North Central MN. Started a vacation property management business which kept me busy for the next 20 years. This spring I sold that business to my employees and am now retired. Once in a while I fill in if the guys are short handed but mainly I fish, work on old boats and motorcycles, ride the twisties with other old fart friends and spend the worst of winter in Baja, Mexico.

It could be worse.:thumbsup:

roy

Nice! :thumbsup:

Hospital Security Supervisor. Mostly push paperwork around unless we get a drunk, psych or one of the elderly starts sundowning... Side biz doing in home computer repair though never push it just referals.

Service advisor for a Dodge dealership, been doing that for a good while with different brands. For anyone considering the business, Toyota, VW and Mercedes suck to work with/for. Used to be a service manager, there's not enough money on the planet to get me back behind that desk.

Do some race car fabrication (mostly roll cages) and give engine swap advice, build custom race car suspension as well. Spent a lot of time selling parts: racing, motorcycle, heavy equipment parts etc. I also manage some rental real estate.

I'm a welder/fabricator
We do custom work and production work. I do mig, tig, stick and flux core on mild steel, stainless and aluminum.i'm working on getting my own shop set up.
I now have a mill, lathe, horizontal bandsaw, drill press and a precision grinder for making tooling for the lathe.

^I was hoping you were an executioner or a hit man. Or at least an exterminator.

I've been a railroad signalman for 23yrs. We install signal equipment along right-of-way and crossing signals. Just purchased my 2nd xs that I found while traveling for work. Just standin by mailbox waitin for my ardtail to arrive for the first one I bought.

Checkered past; degree in English composition, USMC Viet Nam vet, 26 years in advertising agencies. In 1992 I sold my ad agency interests to my partners and moved to our lake cabin in North Central MN. Started a vacation property management business which kept me busy for the next 20 years. This spring I sold that business to my employees and am now retired. Once in a while I fill in if the guys are short handed but mainly I fish, work on old boats and motorcycles, ride the twisties with other old fart friends and spend the worst of winter in Baja, Mexico.

It could be worse.:thumbsup:

roy

sounds like you're livin the dream Roy !:thumbsup::D

Service advisor for a Dodge dealership, been doing that for a good while with different brands. For anyone considering the business, Toyota, VW and Mercedes suck to work with/for. Used to be a service manager, there's not enough money on the planet to get me back behind that desk.

Do some race car fabrication (mostly roll cages) and give engine swap advice, build custom race car suspension as well. Spent a lot of time selling parts: racing, motorcycle, heavy equipment parts etc. I also manage some rental real estate.GM SUCKS ALSO and getting worse all the time flat rate warranty work sucks ball's any more and there is no c/p work any more it just sucks!!!!! :banghead::mad:

yeah well at least you realised that quality of life and doing what you enjoy is more important than money, big fancy house and material possessions . Some folk work all their lives in a crap job and when they retire their savings have been stolen by the banks their pensions have been stolen by the hedge fund managers and their health sucks so they couldn't even do the things they were looking forward to doing in their retirement even if they could afford to !:(

I am 61 and RETIRED JUST PLAY NOW
Owned and operated Motorcycle Shops since 1975 and also owned two Tattoo Shops
I worked my ass off 18 hours a day for a long time and had a couple wives and lived the Biker Life Style. The BIG C got me once I stopped drugs and cleaned my life up and now I just live day by day and do what I want to. Sounds nice to live in the woods and feed critters but got wife number???? and she is a Brooklyn Girl and loves city life so I am screwed HAHA.... I also had from time to time a 40hrs job too but we won't give out all the info. HAHA!!!

I already got yelled at once here on the forum for being a doctor and not being able to have figured something out that should have somehow been more obvious, but that's me... And a husband of 20 years, dad to two, hack musician, and aspiring xs650 builder
:cheers:

been in food service mostly, executive chef at a few different properties. currently now a food & beverage director at a ski/golf resort. i would like to make a career change but don't think i can afford it. could be better, could be worse...

A past GF was a f/b director at a local university. Good job from what I saw of it.

don't get me wrong, it's a good job. certainly pays the bills and there are a number of great perks (never buy groceries, always eat at work, tons of wine, beer and spirit samples, insurance, 401k, etc). but as a chef i had a creative outlet on a daily basis which i do miss. always had a passion for creating, building, no matter what the medium. now it's more budgets, number crunching and bureaucratic non-sense.

now with an underwater mortgage i feel i'm kind of stuck doing this for a while. bikes, beer brewing and my guitar seems to keep me sane nowadays.

and it doesn't help my bike keeps getting dumped over at work!! :cussing:

Pastor by day(at a non-denominational christian church), owner of ChampCo by night building custom chopper seats

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 141
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 144
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 141
Astronaut

Naa… Just kidding. My job title is Systems Analyst. I write software, designed and admin databases for medical/clinical data processing.

Back