What do you guys think about the Indian FTR1200?

Motorbreath22

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
ftr-bike10.jpg

Anyone else drooling over this? When I first heard of the release of the FTR750 race only bike I couldn't wait to see if they would bring something similar to the street. Obviously its not related to that motor but if the production model keeps the weight down and chromo tube frame it should be a fun bike. I heard its weighing in at 427 pounds, 60 inch wheelbase, 43mm conventional forks and a monoshock, 25 degree rake, 3.7 trail, RSD Traction wheels, 1133 cc liquid cooled V-Twin claiming 100+ HP

All concept at this point...

I'm liking the direction Polaris has taken with the Indian brand. Its good to see an American motorcycle company with some balls that will get out of the cookie cutter cruiser niche.

I was all set on trading in my speed triple in on a Bobber until I saw this! Every year someone comes out with something amazing which makes it super hard for me to make a decision.

It will be amazing if this bike is ever built for sale to the public. It's really just a concept bike (I love it though). I hope some version
will be sold sometime.

Yeah the concept bike is always cooler than the production model. But then you get to strip the floor model down and make it cool again. I'm not one to want the latest bike in the showroom but if this one keeps it simple light and powerful, I'm down.

It will hang better than my old gixxer 750 on the gravel roads. I just need something with some real HP and torque again. Love the XS and it's staying with me for the long haul but I want a second bike that can really get down.

Fingers crossed something similar is released and isn't stupid expensive.

I've looked at a lot of Octane videos. There's a disturbing 'whine' in all of them. Sounds like a roots blower, but heard that it's supposed to be valvetrain noise. Is that supposed to be?

2M...discerning owners will replace the stock exhaust so they won't have to hear this 'noise' you speak of.

I think they need to sell me one this week so I can get a set of wire spoke wheels on order from Jerry Cheney and have it finished up just in time for Christmas.

Even if it's a concept, the one they had at the EICMAs was street legal, so that's a pretty good sign. I've always loved the Scout, and have possible plans of picking one up when I pay my truck off in a few years. I don't quite know that I'm ready for a cruiser, but the Scout is the first(and only) cruiser I've ever actually liked, and I think it could help me slow down and relax a bit on my way to and from work. Seeing this bike on the showroom floor next to a normal Scout might make me question my choice.

I really like it though. I've never been totally into flattrackers, but ever since I saw the Scout I've had dreams of them making a naked streetbike out of it using that motor, and this is reasonably close. With that engine and frame, they could make a sportier tank and tail, and have a decent looking base for a streetfighter, modern version Buell S1 if you will(or sadly underpowered Superduke, but either way!). I like it, and I hope it's a good idea of what kind of bikes Indian will put out in the future. I like their cruisers, but hopefully they don't restrict themselves to that market like HD has, since that market seems to be disappearing.

If they bring it to market looking just like it does in the video I would probably buy that if it isn't ridiculously priced.

While I can admire it for it's Tech level, I think, no, I know it's not for me.

Back