what dose it cost to do a full engine rebuild 82 xs 650

My mechanic charges about $1500 to rebuild a top end with bored out cylinders, new pistons and rings, guide, reseat the valves..

Thanks it's been a long time since I've been here stir it up on the building again and I now have the engine 20 part getting ready for powder coating and looking at possibly doing a big bore to 700cc anybody know what else I need to do to the engine for that for parts Wise I'm looking a $500 for powder coating and for the jog and head to be polishing is going to be $70 a piece and looking at $100 for boring in honing so far i'm just pricing things out and seeing we're I'm going to go with. Any in put would be nice thank you

I sell complete rebuilds for $1500.00 no electronics or $1250.00 with your motor
INCLUDES
NEW pistons-bore-gaskets-bottom end seals-valve seals- timing chain-clutch plates-up graded starter drive. All parts removed cleaned and installed. Motor tested with video sent to you. NO ELECTRONICS they are extra
You must ship or deliver motor.
If you are in CONN I live about three hours from you. My shop is another 2 hours
I live in 08757 zip and motor can be dropped off there or I can also make arrangements for you to drop and pick up in STATENISLAND too.
I have built over 25 XS650 and I build other motors too.
If interested email me your number at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
THANKS RICH

Last edited:
Funny how this works but if you decide to build your own engine and you screw something up your going to be pissed. On the other hand if you pay good money to have someone else to build it leaving yourself no hassle or effort and it comes back and don't run right or leaks a bunch of oil or is just screwed up your going to be really, really, really pissed.
jefft

YEP I WOULD BE PISSED TOO AS THE BUILDER...........
BUT!!!!! THATS WHY I GIVE A 6 MONTH WARRENTY with all my builds. Go beat the piss out of it and if it blows I do it over for NOTHING!!!!!!
I am doing over right now a HAYABUSA that has a heat problem that was built a month ago and came in Blown to bits...... I BUILT IT and it runs but not 100% overheats. So if it costs me another $3000.00 to build another that's what a GOOD BUILDER DOES....... I build RACE MOTORS STREET MOTORS DIRT MOTORS and all get the same Warrenty......

We'll I think I'm going to make it a 700cc and I'm going to send my camshaft and crankshaft to Hugh’s HandBuilt and get 277 degrees done to it and I've been doing shopping around for powder coating and polishing for the engine it looks like it going to cost me $2500 give or take but that for every thing done on it

Back