What flavor is your spam?

fredintoon

Fred Hill, S'toon.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My SPAM column used to be mostly from folks who claimed to have important messages from the USPS
and the last Nigerian Prince who wanted help in moving his private fortune was months ago.
These days the USPS must have realized that Saskatoon ain't in the USA because they've quit posting.
But Qatar Airways must reckon I need a flight someplace and would I send them my credit card number?
But Who TF is trusting enough to tell 'em? There must be someone or they'd quit, eh?

I am of late receiving a lot of unwarranted mail from dating sites,Russian ladies,Asian ladies, you know the score.
My question is how do I stop them or how to send them into my Spam folder.

Go to the bottom of the of the post and look for the "Unsubscribe" link. That gets you off the that site's list. Sometimes under that one there will be another one to get you off the mailing list. Do both. It slows them down. Another vendor will buy the original list and you get them again.

On Google's email, Gmail, there's a triple dot at the upper right. Click that, then click "report spam". Future emails from that site will divert to your spam folder, and will trigger Google to flag those as spam for others.

I *never* click any link within those things, even the "unsubscribe" link, since there's a history of even *that* link causing troubles.

Edit: And, there's reports that robocalls now account for more than half of all calls.

Yes, people fall for these things, and that propagates the practice...

Last edited:
Back