1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What grips are everyone running?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by felixcontour, Apr 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. felixcontour

felixcontour XS650 Enthusiast

I'll be swapping bars soon on my '81 mostly stock bike. I want to put some miles on this puppy and am wondering what people are running for grips (as I'm switching to standard bars, so new grips come with the territory).

What do you use, and how do you like it? Would you recommend it?

2. Haha. Right hand is the magura grip on the throttle.
    Left hand is my kids MGP scooter grip :) fits perfect and comfy. Until I find some I really like. He was like "dad my scooter has grips" I thought. Hmmm let try (for fun) and its perfect haha

Posted via Mobile

3. Lowbrow customs has some really nice soft grips.

4. blackbetty

blackbetty XS650 Junkie

I put bilwells on my SR and I love em.

5. Downer

Downer XS650 Addict

6. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

These are my favs but unfortunately, I think they stopped making them .....

[​IMG]

7. Sn34ky

Sn34ky Farmer's can build bike 2

Kung Fu YYYYyyyaaaaa! :boxing:

8. mrtwowheel

mrtwowheel Honda Etched On Brain Top Contributor

I like grips that help with the vibrations, but the foam ones are too large and uncomfortable for me. Right now I am using gel grips from Dennis Kirk and I really like them.

Scott

9. CoastsideXS650

CoastsideXS650 Princeton Motor Works

I have Biltwell Kung Fu grips. My other bike has british gran turismo style grips. Both are great.

10. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic XS650.com Supporter

yep the biltwells kung fu grips get my vote for comfort.
    they look okay too

11. MechNewb

MechNewb XS650 Enthusiast

I just picked up a set of the Gran Turismo style grips. I like them casue they seem to be bigger in diameter than some other grips.

12. osteoderm

osteoderm out of the box

I'm having great use out of these "Rally" grips:

[​IMG]

As soft as I can stand without being to "squirmy" in the hand, and not as large as some of the foam grips. I put them on with Indian Head gasket sealer, and safety-wire in the grooves.

13. Tomterrific

Tomterrific XS650 Junkie

I have the Tacky Grip GT that 5t uses. My first set was bought in the 80's for my Triumph and I love them. They are a natural rubber which feels great and looks great with the Tawney Brown and Gold livery. I searched out a second black set for my XS when I was fixing it up. Love 'em. I looked but could not find any for the SR500 when it came time. I ended up with the exact grips above and love them. Good choice 'osteoderm'.

Tom

14. nj1639

nj1639 Paleo-simplistic Top Contributor

Stock grip repros on the '83.......standard black Gran Turismos that came on the '77. GT's are preferred between the two.

15. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

I just picked up Scott double "D" grips for one of my bikes. comfy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mrkil

mrkil XS650 Addict