What grips are everyone running?

felixcontour

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be swapping bars soon on my '81 mostly stock bike. I want to put some miles on this puppy and am wondering what people are running for grips (as I'm switching to standard bars, so new grips come with the territory).

What do you use, and how do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Haha. Right hand is the magura grip on the throttle.
Left hand is my kids MGP scooter grip :) fits perfect and comfy. Until I find some I really like. He was like "dad my scooter has grips" I thought. Hmmm let try (for fun) and its perfect haha

Posted via Mobile

These are my favs but unfortunately, I think they stopped making them .....

GrandTouringGrips.jpg

I like grips that help with the vibrations, but the foam ones are too large and uncomfortable for me. Right now I am using gel grips from Dennis Kirk and I really like them.

Scott

I just picked up a set of the Gran Turismo style grips. I like them casue they seem to be bigger in diameter than some other grips.

I'm having great use out of these "Rally" grips:

3537.jpg

As soft as I can stand without being to "squirmy" in the hand, and not as large as some of the foam grips. I put them on with Indian Head gasket sealer, and safety-wire in the grooves.

I have the Tacky Grip GT that 5t uses. My first set was bought in the 80's for my Triumph and I love them. They are a natural rubber which feels great and looks great with the Tawney Brown and Gold livery. I searched out a second black set for my XS when I was fixing it up. Love 'em. I looked but could not find any for the SR500 when it came time. I ended up with the exact grips above and love them. Good choice 'osteoderm'.

Tom

Back