What happened to Gordon Scott Engineering?

Rexxis

Almost there...
Reaction score
How long has Gordon Scott's site been down? I have been planning on running his exhaust but I just went to his site XS650exhaust.com and it seems that the domain was sold?? Or maybe, hopefully, it's just down for maintenance. Idk..:confused:

His site DNS registration expired today. Probably just an oversight, easily corrected, and I wouldn't be surprised if the site isn't back up in a day or two.

Not to scare anybody but I was at his house a while back and he talked about possibly having to give up the business. I know the guy makes damn good stuff but there just isn't enough margin at the prices he charged to make a living off it. Who knows. Hopefully he didn't give up and just forgot about the domain for the time being though.

i would just email him,, i just got an exhaust made from him a few weeks ago.. i know he was about 2 - 3 weeks turn around time.. depending if he has the exhaust in stock or has to custom make one.. greatscottxs650@verizon.net is his email hope this helps..

He has allways said , he wasnt in for profit, but to further the sport. He told me that he only charged his cost for materials and supplies. Good guy to deal with....hope all is well...Kev.

Hi Guy's, My provider messed up on billing. The site will be back up again soon :thumbsup: As far as not making pipes for profit, I do make them for profit! I started out making them so I could afford to build my own bikes and pay for tools. But as time went on I had more and more biz and turned into more then supporting a hobby. Belive it or not with time spent doing this there is little dollars per hour to be made when all is said and done. I could work at home depot and make more per hour with benifits! But I love motorcycles and do enjoy fabricating, so as long as I can afford to do it I will :D

cuz all you guys keep stealin his ideas and makin your own!!! j/k
If you can make your own you should! That is part of building a bike, doing as much as you can. For those without the tools or skills for a particular part of a build get someone who can do it for you. I don't paint my own stuff anymore because I suck at it :D As for compition, that's just the nature of the beast :laugh: McDonalds/Burger King, Coke/Pepsi, Good/Evil etc... :D

Last edited:
Hi Hugh, How are ya my friend, good to see you're doing well :thumbsup: I'm a better fabricator then business man but I'm trying :shrug: I have to learn how to maximize buying power and increase profit while keeping prices reasonable, tough balancing act to master :banghead: I might be coming down to Mooresville again this year and if I do I am going to come by and say hi :cheers:

Reviving an old thread! I was on his site looking at some pipes, I was going to contact him with a question but all I get is he is taking 2 weeks off the end of May. Am I missing something??

Reviving an old thread! I was on his site looking at some pipes, I was going to contact him with a question but all I get is he is taking 2 weeks off the end of May. Am I missing something??

That note is from last year. He has not responded to any of my emails, nor anyone else's, nor been back on this site since May 2014.

So, no, you are not missing anything.

Back