Team TZ

Attachments

• IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 225
C'est une tres belle moto TZ - I really like the side covers.

Clean, simple and tasteful.

Pete

Today I filled her tank with fresh gas and a shot of Stabil. Then I ran the carbs out.

Three months ago I brought her home knowing I had a lot of work to do before I was done. That was about all I knew. Thanks to this forum I learned a whole lot more, and the to do list got longer. I'm looking forward to January when I can get back at it, but until then I'll be in Boston.

Here's Stella trying on her new Craven L rack. And Miles.
View attachment 91703

After a very satisfactory month-long business trip, I finally arrived home last night.

Opened some Christmas gifts from my in-laws; bike stuff I had on my Amazon list. A tire gauge/inflator, a MotionPro clutch cable, a nice simple SS metric rule, and a Slipstream windshield.

Today I fired her up and did some errands. Nothing special, very few miles, but oh so nice to be riding again!

Deck looks good - and the seals on won't leak and piss oil all over the floor. :D

How'd you get it up there?

Pete

My fork springs arrived and I thought wow, this is going to be cool I can fix my front end with new progressive springs and new seals.....

XS today (1).jpg

So upon inspection the fork tubes were pitted and needed replacement or re-chroming, I chose the latter and the lowers needed paint stripping and polishing,

XS today (3).jpg

The lowers needed paint stripping and polishing, I wanted to change them back from the black paint (see below). I surmised that they were painted for a reason....to cover up a poor aluminium finish maybe?

XS today (4).jpg

Correct, it takes hours of wire brush, paint remover and media blasting to get then to this stage...not polished as yet but there was evidence of corrosion (must have been salt from your icy roads) on them and pitting, so the whole day was spent on this and there will be more time spent when I get the fork tubes back from the hard chroming.....

XS today (2).jpg

Hello All......As earlier noted I was the lucky S.O.B. who was selected by artek at brasscycleworks.com to recieve a set of brass exhaust tips! Having never won anything I was genuinely surprised. Arthur made it super simple requesting I.D. and O.D. measurement of my exhaust pipes and shipping address. A couple of days later he emailed me the shipping number. A couple days go by and BAM! they are the post office. Took them out of the carefully wrapped package and they are AWESOME! surprisingly heavy and impeccably machined. Race home and immediately pulled the pipes off and got to work. The hardest part was unwrapping my heat wrap tape.....hate that, but looks great and it protects. I had to file off the very tips of the exhaust pipes due to my pipes haivng a slight turn-out....I trial fitted and they fit perfectly! The instructions that were provided are clear and completely understandable......unlike Ikea! Drilled a small hole, trial fit the tip and marked a spot on the tip and drilled through, used a small file to debur, re-set set brass tip and placed bolt with small amount of loc tite on the nut. Presto Change-o.....my pipes are transformed from kinda cool pipes to.....SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, DOPE ASS PIPES! Artek.....again my genuine, heartfelt thanks, your product is everything and more and really help to define and further personalize my bike. WRMDOVR

(a rare sunny day in the seattle area so was able to take a somewhat decent picture)

bikewithbrasstips.jpg closeup.jpg

I pulled this set of 5K miles 79 carbs apart and did a pretty good clean up 2 years ago, the parts have been just laying on the bench ever since! Too danged cold even for garage work, the carb bench by the wood stove looked attractive.

full

Assembled now, all the parts were still there! Put in new throttle shaft seals, floats, float valves, gaskets etc. I have an "unknown history" engine on a test stand may bolt these on and see what happens.
Pic album of them here if someone is looking for details.

Wow - those are beuatifully done carbs Gary. How do you get them so clean? Ultrasonic?

Thanks! Mostly tooth brush and mineral spirits. This set was pretty nice to start with, bike sat in a dry shed for 30 years. Caps and float bowl ends were buffed on a wheel.

Back