What have you done to your XS today?

image.jpeg
Making my own exhaust. Almost done with the first pipe
And Brass kicker installed. Piece of cake

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 167
The brass I just got on eBay. Then used the factory kick. Cut the rubber off. Cut off the stopper end and ground it all as round as possible. Weld thread on the end to hold the pedal.

Got my 27.0X7.0X19 tires yesterday. I think my tire mounting guy is going to hate me when I take them in to be mounted. I know other guys have said they are a bear to mount but I had no idea just how bad it was going to be until I got the tires here. They have the stiffest side walls I have ever seen and probably need about a 3 inch wheel to properly mount.
IMG_1252.JPG

Doug. I hope your having this done by machine rather than by hand. Our local Harley shop did mine and they cost 45.00 but didn`t have a scratch. I used tubes too. The rim width should be OK.

IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
Installed the ss line i got from banggood. Took a month to get here from china. Seems like a good piece, although, i dont remember asking for monkey butt red shrink. I tried to find some black shrink to go over it, but the right size wont fit over the banjo. I suppose i could wrap with electrical tape. But for 5$, its ok

Ya I have a indépendant bike shop that has a first class tire machine. I talked to him yesterday and he thinks it won't be a problem to get the tires on. T
Doug. I hope your having this done by machine rather than by hand. Our local Harley shop did mine and they cost 45.00 but didn`t have a scratch. I used tubes too. The rim width should be OK.
hose are the stiffest side walls I have ever seen and I wouldn't even consider trying to put them on by hand

use Dish soap libirally and long tire irons and take small bites they come off or go on ! no problem !
Bob..........

Found out the SG's Rt exhaust pipe was loose. Removed exhaust and replaced the gasket. The old one wore out and disenigrated. Installed new gasket and reinstalled exhaust system. Adjusted Valves.

early this morning I tried to start the beast and ground the battery down.... so I put it on the charger and then started it Later!!!!!
I checked OIL FLOW ! by loosening the banjo bolt on the right top starting her up letting it idle and a few seconds later it started seaping oil ! Success!
I told the fellers that I had no SPREY of oil out of the 4 bolt valve cover and they seamed quite concerned so I figured I'ed check that while I was at it
....I got oil all over the place before I realised it was spreying oil ! LOL (couldn't see that fine mist!)
and last night (still my day anyway) I loosened up the stearing stem a bit as it was a bit too tight....
other than that I spent allot of time wiping up oil, but that job was a pleasure just to know the oil flow is good !!!!!
....Bob.........

I spent the day preparing the pipes for the chrome shop this week and made slots in the left side case the hard way. After looking at it I decided it needs 2 more on the lower section. Maybe tomorrow if my arm recovers overnight.
side cover 002.JPG side cover 004.JPG side cover 003.JPG side cover 005.JPG

Attachments

• side cover 006.JPG
    side cover 006.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 181
I unborrowed my bike's battery back from my son when I found that Mr. Forgetful hadn't cancelled my (cheap by SK standards antique) insurance & registration for the winter.
Installed the battery, poured a quart of gas in the tank, pushed the button and she fired right up.
Then found the Wolo Bad Boy was putting out zero dB because Mr. stupid's attempt to clean up the horn's extra wiring resulted in two ground wires and no hot wire.
Fixed that and it's 129dB again. Took a test drive round the block, not quite legal with no helmet, effin' freezing with no gloves and a shopcoat over a tee shirt.
But I think that what putting my rig on the road has really done is summoned the March Blizzard.

I think we both did that Fred.... I rode mine up the street and back and the next day it Snowed here !
now I'm waiting for sunshine and 70 degree weather !!!!!!
....Bob.........

Back