What have you done to your XS today?

View attachment 97971 About to take the wife out to breakfast today, and when I reached for her helmet, I was surprised by this little bird. It didn't take long. That helmet was used last month.

brilliant you put up nest boxes for them and they nest in your helmet !
hope you had a spare helmet :)

Hay Birds arn't too dumb ! he probably read the lable inside and decided that impact resistant was a good thing to make a home in !!!!!
look at all the work he and she did to bring in all that hay to make it cozy ! must'a worked for 3 days on that !!!!! I mean WOW !
long strands too so he could tuck it in and weave it just right ! I bet he was tuckered out when he was through !!!! Hat's off , er Helmits off to the bird for a job well done ! LOL
Bob.........

I spent most of the day making the resivours for the Manometer I'm making to sync the carbs with ....
got the resivours done but need more J.B.Weld to finish them off .... their not see through but they will do....
I didn't have cap/plugs for the 1" PVC pipe I had so I just cut a 1" chunk of the same PVC pipe cut it in half and cut 2 circles out of the piece after heating it with a torch and flattening it..... then I just took my soldering iron and welded the circles to the tube 4.5" long and then drilled a hole in the home made caps... and incerted a piece of copper 1/4" line as a connector. I'll J.B.Weld the copper tubing and around the weld real good to seal it up ....
and they will be done.... I need more hose anyway to get to the bike from the manometer as I used up all I had making the thing...LOL
Bob.........

Removed the unwanted tabs and brackets from 2 frames. Still some welding to do since I`ve changed my mind on the choice of tanks and seats (again) and need to weld up the removed master cyl mounting tubes. (just can`t stand these when not used).

. frames 004.JPG frames 005.JPG frames 006.JPG frames 007.JPG

Yes now that would be nasty....
I have ran into the ass end of a BIG bumblebee before at about 70~80 MPH..... instantly stung too talk about hurt ! that thing pinitrated a t-shirt and a jean jacket I aquired my first leather jacket after that incident ! Driving through a swarm of honeybees isn't too bad as their in a no sting mode but it sure is messy !!!! LOL....
Bob..........

I got the tracker tank and seat mounted for the first, but not the last time. got some very inconspicuous rear turn signal mounts on. still dealing with rear shocks and have an e-mail into the supplier. Found a major issue with my frame. I cut the rear loop off right behind the shocks and welded the loop only back on. While I have been agonizing over the tire to license plate clearance, the frame loop is about 3 inches above the tire. and thats with no engine no fat ass rider or anything else. There goes part of my powder coating. for today....I quit!!

Gee 2M, that sure does look pretty bad, but at least they don't expect you to multiply what you made by 1.2564 and send THAT amount in.

....probably shouldn't say that - it might give these vultures in our respective national capitals some new and improved ideas....

Anyhow, today on my XS650, (which is still seatless - but not in Seattle...;)), I took a couple of photos of the wiring of the tail-end/top of fender wiring and sent it to a buddy to help him work out his wiring issues. It wasn't much, but I hope it was useful.

Cheers,

Pete

Ugh ! it's snowing here.... so I didn't do anything to the bike today !..... "sniff"
stupid weather ! its supposed to be spring time ! i bet it will freeze off all the Apple blossoms too ! Grumble fuss !
Bob....

What the heck Bob - I live in Canada and it was about 65 deg. F here today and you live in California and it was snowing!!

It sounds like UPS delivered you weather to us and our weather to you....those wacky guys.

Oh well, better days ahead, I'm sure.

LOL yah ! I'm hoping this weather is short lived ! as I have got to get on the ball here and get things done around the house and Ranch.
Playing with the Bike is fun and all , but I gott'a get some work done soon ! I'm getting the Antzy feeling of Spring and I havn't seenthat much spring yet ! LOL it keeps drifting back into winter and cold..... it's simply amazing what 50 miles and 3400ft of elevation will do to change the weather for ya !
..... but I know it's spring.... my lawn needs cut !!!!
HAHAHAH !
maybe we had a valcano go off last year somewhere as that usually effects the weather we get ! we're sure getting alot of waves of moisture hitting the west coast....
Have you noticed the drout monitirs on TV's weather channels ? California is almost completely out of the drout ! ...after 15 pluss years Too !
makes you appreaciate Rain instead of 12 ft of snow !!!!!!
no doubt the weather is goofy .... but any weather is better than none ! HA !
later Pete !
Bob...........

that is something I NEED... a small backup gastank for testing things..... I have one but it's in USE ! so I need another now ! LOL
Bob.....

WOOT ! My seat came in ! so I'm headded out to try and find a way to attach the thing ! HAHAHAHA!
Thanks BBQRider ! your a Good man !
Bob..........

Do to the XS650? Nuttin'. Worked on the Chevy. Starter replacement. Then finished a bedroom door installation. Gotta keep the wife happy...

Well, I got the seat bracket made and welded to the frame and it works as long as you perswade it a bit ....it's a tight fit !
I made the seat bracket for it sense I cut the old one off a few years ago sense I didn't have the original seat.... all I have to do to get the seat off is push down on the seat and push a lever just under the edge of the seat and the hooks release it like it should.... so SUCCESS !!!!!
Now I want better weather to see how the o'l girl rides with a proper seat on it !!!! LOL
Bob..........

Back