What have you done to your XS today?

Finished up the 1.75" exhaust for my personal bike. All ready to ride out to Born Free 9 this weekend.
IMG_9933.JPG
IMG_9934.JPG
IMG_9941.JPG

Looks good!! kinda wish mine was that far along. I'm pretty sure I could wire a car with my eyes shut but for some reason, starting the wiring on this bike has really got me spooked. I think it is because all the components look different than what I am used to, I have no idea how any of it hooks up or what it does. I also do not have a good understanding [none really] of how the charging system works. I know I will have to figure it out but for now I am kicking it as far down the road as I can.

I thought about rideing her but it's 115F and thats just too blessed HOT to do anything in that heatblast. Yes, it's a record for the day. WHEW!

I started the SG just to hear her run. It's too hot to ride and I miss riding!

If I went riding I'd have to load the jacket up with ice to stay cool and put a I.V. bottle of saline on a sissy bar to stay hydrated! LOL....maybe if was 20-30 yrs younger I'd suit up for a run...LOL!

71 removed the front fender, have to reweld the bracket where the tubes cracked off the center section. Next up getting rid of the extended fork tubes. I took a bunch of stuff to the chrome plater, I am suffering sticker shock but will probably pull the trigger, looks like I'll have to drop about $1000, what the whole bike cost new.
you have probably been told this, but you look like john aston

Phoenix too, grounded flights. Weatherman said we set a record for number of 110+ days in a row. 3 days straight of 115/116F and more 110+.More 100+ days comming. 99 days in a season is the current record. And it's a dry heat. Blistex/chapstix a must.

So how does it feel riding home from work at 3:00 pm in 113F for 40 miles at 85mph?

Phoenix%20Sun.png

When I got home, I checked the oven.
The lowest temp was 105F.
So I turned it on and climbed in.

If anybody has not tried them, those blue vests you soak in water and then put on under your mesh jacket are one of the better inventions of mankind. Drops your surface temp by 20F. When it is 80-90, they last about an hour. When 110+, about 10-15 minutes. Need to come up with a 12VDC aquarium pump that snaps onto a liter bottle of water and continually drips water into the vest.

Near to DC the temps go about 90 - 95 with about 90% humidity and people complain, when I rode thru the southwest US the temps ran 50 - 118. I mentioned how hot it was and people always responded "so what, it's a dry heat" to which I responded "That may be dry but it's still effing hot". john

beautiful bike. I have a question. How come no front brake.That seems dangerous. And why the pips on the left instead of the right? I dont care for choppers. But yours looks great.

OK, went for a ride, about 30 miles in something hit me in the arm, my thought "what the eff was that?" so I looked to the mirror to see and the mystery was solved__No Mirror oh crap. After the ride I went onto Ebay and found an even more "period correct" mirror set. And again, as a door closes, another opens. john

I broke a clutch cable and pushed the bike back up a hill a quarter mile back to the warehouse where I work. I'll call 650central tomorrow to order a new one. I haven't ordered anything from him, but a lot of folks say great things. I was lucky to find this forum and glean all of y'all's knowledge.

Made and installed a chain guard. Made a tail light bracket. Installed the Chinese tail light and front turn signals. Mounted the seat and tank. Tomorrow I`ll wire it up? (a ass kicking in public would be easier) I`m trying to finish this by the 4th of July. "2017". We`ll see.
House-XS 009.JPG House-XS 010.JPG House-XS 016.JPG House-XS 020.JPG House-XS 019.JPG House-XS 021.JPG House-XS 023.JPG House-XS 028.JPG House-XS 029.JPG

Thats some fine fabricating, halfmile. Absolutely no envy here on your wiring project. not only would the ass kicking be easier, it might also be preferable.

Back