1. The 2018 XS650 Calendars have shipped! Miss the pre-sale? Order one of the extras today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Thank you everyone for the donations to help keep the lights on here!
    Enjoy XS650.com? Consider making a donation to help support the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Addict

kansas
    Well this is it for me with model airplane hobby. Why read the instructions when you can just look at the pics and just "Fire it Up". Pics speak for themselves. Now here`s the ironic part, I`m actually "signed off" to fly the Cessna 150 Aerobat. I can certainly fly the real thing better than I can this little piece of junk. My physical is on the 25th of this month so that will determine if I keep my ticket or not.
    scrambler 006.JPG scrambler 007.JPG scrambler 008.JPG scrambler 009.JPG

2. JimD54

JimD54 Mechanic, 1968-Present.

That made me laugh Phil.... It's a well kept secret that "real" airplanes are much easier to fly than the models. Good luck on your 3rd class...:)

robinc likes this.
  3. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Addict

kansas
    Back to the XS650 scrambler project, today I got my new seat from Counter Balance Cycles. "Perfect". I couldn`t be more pleased. It`s hard to believe I finally got something that was right the first time and I didn`t have to redo it! This is "My Final Answer" for the seat-tank combo so now I can start changing my mind about other stuff like pipes, tires, fenders, bars etc.
    scrambler 002.JPG scrambler 012.JPG

dts66, willis, Meddy and 7 others like this.
  4. JimD54

Damn, that is a nice seat!
    I bet it would look good behind that DT tank:rolleyes:

5. JimD54

Hell yes Phil!!!
    Bring the front up a tad so it's parallel with the seat (or down in the back), fair in the back a little.... I like it better than the white tank. That one's a little too boxy for my likin'.

6. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Addict

kansas
    I think that DT tank is going to look great on one of your next projects.:thumbsup:

JimD54 likes this.
  7. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before parked

Are those K-70s on you scrambler?
    Lookin' good so far 1/2mile

8. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru

Great looking seat! I gotta say I like the DT tank also, but it's your bike. Follow your heart and you can't go wrong, you only have to make one person happy!