What have you done to your XS today?

Last night I drew up another template of doom and today (in the comfort of my parabolic heater) I made the heat shield for the scrambler. Only 25 degrees in the shop so polishing and detailing will have to wait for a warmer day.
Heat Shield 001.JPG Heat Shield 007.JPG Heat Shield 005.JPG Heat Shield 006.JPG Heat Shield 003.JPG

Looks really good Halfmile !
all I did was charge the battery....... which is out of the bike for the winter ! LOL
Bob......

I couple of months back in Entry 3360 I showed the rack below that I made for carrying a backpack:
Old.jpg
Unfortunately the pack did not sit right so I have bent the frame and the fit is now very good:
IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0769.JPG
Once filled the pack will be a nice back-rest. All that's left to do now is plan a trip to North Wales this Summer.

Pulled my 79 speedo off and sent it away for rebuild. I didnt want to mutilate the pressed-on clamp that holds it all together, so I sent it to a pro. The grease hardened, or possibly something else in the guts of the speedo. Pretty much the last thing in the restoration. Plan to bring her to the September rendevoux.

Well, you can't do better than a Blue Point die (or any other Blue Point tool for that matter... My die grinders are Blue Points)... other than that, I'm stumped. Nice Atlas work there....

Just did that last Sunday...They still sound great...

yes but you did the compression test today and the compression is not the same in each cylinder that COULD signify a leaking valve
( or rings getting bad on one cylinder)
although it's fairly normal to have the compression not exactly the same, it is something to take notice of.... and one thing that can cause that is the valve lash being too tight on one side.... if you set them last week and ran it good sense then..... it could be that they got tight again in that amount of time..... head gasket seating in or something like it could cause that. where you live I would be running wider valve lash
because of the extreme heat you get in the summer months.
( in other words you could hear the valves) if your machine is nice and quiet I would suspect a tight valve....
However , your no dummy and you know your bike well, I just thought I'ed toss that out for ya !
have a good one !
Bob......

Welcome to the site Anddajets! Hope you plan on starting your own thread on your build. Will be fun to follow.

Looks like a fun machine ! and fun project can't wait to see the progress !
read up a bunch here on the site and you can find many jewels of knowledge hidden here !
welcome to the site !
Bob.........

Back