20180407_174157.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 20180506_224956.jpg
    20180506_224956.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 20180506_230839.jpg
    20180506_230839.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 239
well as you have posted it for critique I have to be honest and say most of that looks like some kind of aluminium weevil has been at it :(
Does it have a theme ? or is it intended to be completely random .
When producing a regular or repeating pattern I always feel its best to try to maintain some consistancy or the finished result often can look a little naive or slapdash. Sorry if that seems a little harsh but its my honest opinion

Called my bike a Fu@king C@@t Bast!!d then cursed myself for putting the fuel filter in a position that cannot be accessed easily in an emergency!

The emergency - filter blocked about 6 miles from home. Fortunately a dribble was getting through so managed to limp home in 2nd at 15mph. Have now ordered a new filter and fittings so the filter can be relocated and easily whipped out and cleaned in an emergency.

We live and learn, hopefully?

Hey Figure 8---I like your "popsicle" kick starter. Did you make it yourself ??
tim

Finally figured out why my right side engine cover was leaking. The kick starter was not fully seated which kept the cover from making good contact. Duh. I realized I had assembled it wrong when the kick starter would not budge.

Finally figured out why my right side engine cover was leaking. The kick starter was not fully seated which kept the cover from making good contact. Duh. I realized I had assembled it wrong when the kick starter would not budge.

its lucky you didn't crack the cover when closing up as so many do. Its the reason why I did this video
The kick start mech seems to slip out of the correct position without you being aware of it as you are fit the cover

P.S. No spline was injured in the creation of this video ;)

Last edited:
ran out of gas 200 yds from home on a roundabout!

Realised eventually that one of the petcocks was not on reserve...doh

I finally get it started .....running on vapour and I have a bit of a dilemma ...........do I turn right and ride the bike 200 yds on the flat to my home ?
or.....do I take a chance and ride it straight up hill 200 yds to the garage in the village ? :umm:

ran out of gas 200 yds from home on a roundabout!

Realised eventually that one of the petcocks was not on reserve...doh

I finally get it started .....running on vapour and I have a bit of a dilemma ...........do I turn right and ride the bike 200 yds on the flat to my home ?
or.....do I take a chance and ride it straight up hill 200 yds to the garage in the village ? :umm:
And not a curse word spoken. You are a better man than I!

And not a curse word spoken. You are a better man than I!

yes that was a bit out of character for me :D...

Peanut, I heard a big huff of dispair in that video. In my books that is almost cursing.

:D it was a mixture of relief and despair I think

Texaco station way over there?

Time for a gas cap gauge...

How lucky are we to have a garage in our little village of 650 inhabitants !
A gas gauge sounds like a dream come true ....I shall have to look into it ,either that or start using the reserve cocks correctly.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
well as you have posted it for critique I have to be honest and say most of that looks like some kind of aluminium weevil has been at it :(
Does it have a theme ? or is it intended to be completely random .
When producing a regular or repeating pattern I always feel its best to try to maintain some consistancy or the finished result often can look a little naive or slapdash. Sorry if that seems a little harsh but its my honest opinion

Didn't see any question about opinions from the op, just a post on work done..................if it is't your taste wouldn't it be better to keep your opinions to your self rather than belittle someones work............

Taking a leaf from your book i guess it could be said, that vid could be 1/2 as long, or less if your arm wasn't in the way 1/2 the time, and the point would still be made.Using an adjustable monkey wrench on splines is a big no no. Especially as a novice is more than likely going to damage a critical part. Heck i saw it slip a couple of times when you did it.

Back