What have you done to your XS today?

Found these guys at RPM cycles in Dartmouth NS last weekend upstairs in their used parts stash. Gonna replace my old stock units with these. Will scotchbright them a bit to match. Something to do before the rainy long weekend ahead.

20190418_153759.jpg

Come on....Boring?!?! Lol Anytime I work on my XS no matter what is its fun to me. I enjoy working and wrenching! Just someting to check off the maintenance list LSDW!!! :cheers:
Couldn’t agree with you more man, it’s always rewarding to step back and see the progress. I just meant boring by contrast to some of the incredible stuff members are doing here compared to basic maintenance! Hopefully I’ll have some more exciting progress and pics to report soon

Finally got wiring pretty much wrapped up. Did a valve adjustment. It’s amazing that the bike even ran at all they were so out of spec.. got the oil splatter from bad clutch pushrod/countershaft seals out of my left side cover, and greased up my clutch actuator
Before:
AC105FDD-BCD0-4B6D-8484-CB31E1F845FE.jpeg
After:
994892DB-7491-413E-9158-2F3CB0D2012F.jpeg
I used some mineral spirits in a spray bottle and about 30 q tips but it didn’t take too long

Changed my oil today after 475 miles. It was clean as new. Either this new paper filter element in the Heiden tuning oil cooler is working really well or whatever caused my last two oil changes to be metallic was a fluke. Either way, I’m a happy camper and my bike is as fresh and up to date as it ever has been. New rear tire and fresh oil, valves set and new mufflers, polished forks with fresh oil and seals. I’m riding 2 1/2 hours to Quincy Il tomorrow to visit family. Projected high of 70. Gonna be a great weekend. :bike::cool:

Who did your seat?
It’s a “Texavina” seat off of ebay. They’re a small operation out of vietnam. Took about 4 weeks to get here, but it was worth the wait and the price. They have composite metal seatpans designed with threaded holes for the stock hardware and fasteners, so it is a direct swap for your stock seat. I just took the mounting brackets and latch off my stock seat and screwed them into the new one.
Awesome , Seems you are set for spring riding ! Get more pics of your stylin rider for us too :D
-R
How’s this for a pic? This is my bike right this minute, on the side of the interstate, waiting on a gas can as I write this post to kill time. It’s only the second time I’ve done this.
DF57F143-D241-4034-86ED-EB93A32B0FD0.jpeg

Went out to start the xs1 and got only 2 pops, I think my fuel may have soured, ah crap! On the up side, the Road King fired right up. Due to recent TKR I didn't go for a ride. I am thinking about changing fuel in xs later today.

You're not too old, it just takes a bit more effort these days!

In bed now after a 340 mile thrash round some favourite Welsh roads followed by beaucoup de wine and cheese with friends. The old girl performed magnficently but my arse was glad to get off it after such a long day. And somewhat harder work than the same trip on my Ducati but possibly more rewarding!

Tired and now time to sleep ........

You're not too old, it just takes a bit more effort these days!

In bed now after a 340 mile thrash round some favourite Welsh roads followed by beaucoup de wine and cheese with friends. The old girl performed magnficently but my arse was glad to get off it after such a long day. And somewhat harder work than the same trip on my Ducati but possibly more rewarding!

Tired and now time to sleep ........
I have been knocked out all day today. I rode 400 miles yesterday, and it was exhausting. Almost Half of the interstate between Iowa City and Quincy has rain grooves. This rear tire is HORRIBLE in rain grooves, and let me tell you, at 70 mph the bike snaking around is pretty uncomfortable and demands full physical attention.

Back