What have you done to your XS today?

Reinforced Swing Arm
20190601_172523.jpg
20190601_172532.jpg
Mailman - PO commissioned this braced s/a, it seems proper and the brake stay was thought out to fit right so it's installed.
As if I would notice any difference in handling. Like some folks have a tin ear for music.......

Not sure if I will retain the dual discs, I will have to see what parts came with it.

Oh man! I am liking this a lot! That XS750 tank just put it over the top! With all the cool goodies you’ve got going on ( don’t think I didn’t see those handlebars too ). I think you’ve gotta keep that dual disc set up!

Reinforced Swing Arm
View attachment 141948
View attachment 141949
Mailman - PO commissioned this braced s/a, it seems proper and the brake stay was thought out to fit right so it's installed.
As if I would notice any difference in handling. Like some folks have a tin ear for music.......
Wonder why the centerstand was removed and not the grab handle?
upload_2019-6-1_17-55-19.png

Going to be a nice looking bike.

I tried to go for a ride and the bitch musta been jealous again! So I put the xs1 in the yard under the bird shit tree and went for a ride on the Road King. Got home, no make up sex, no bath for the bitch. She's in the garage on time out! she can watch as the King gets cleaned. john

20190602_102948.jpg
Mailman, these Tommaselli adjustable clubman bars came with the bike. Looks like a nice piece of kit; don't know if my chiropractor would approve.

Decided with the silver frame I will need colored fenders so deciding on whether all the tins should be black or red. Or green.

View attachment 141984
Mailman, these Tommaselli adjustable clubman bars came with the bike. Looks like a nice piece of kit; don't know if my chiropractor would approve.

Decided with the silver frame I will need colored fenders so deciding on whether all the tins should be black or red. Or green.

Well this is a very fun build, are you thinking of keeping it?

Lakeview those adjustable bars are very interesting . Exotic garage art at the very least .
XS’s are keeping you busy and that is nice to watch.
Thanks for the updates !
-RT

Monday Morning "Cafe" V 3.2
20190603_100612-1.jpg
Painted a ratty set of Special fenders black and hung previously prepared side covers on. I think it is calling out for a black tank. (A Special rear fender is about 3 inches shorter than a Standard)
20190603_101008-1.jpg
I like it. But a Special tank might make it more svelte looking. Using a 650 tank means I do not have to put out the upholsterer s cost to do up the shorter seat pan that a 750 tank needs.
20190603_101504-1.jpg
Well my morning's creativity is spent, time to get a harness on this to see if it will start.

Lakeview those adjustable bars are very interesting . Exotic garage art at the very least .
XS’s are keeping you busy and that is nice to watch.
Thanks for the updates !
-RT
Laverda bikes came with adjustable clubman bars as standard oem equipment. Those bars were popular aftermarket items in Europe.

Minimal attention for my XS today. Fitted 2 pcs anodized alloy M10x1.25x25 mm bolts, from Pro-Bolt, cut down to 12 mm, into the RH side exhaust pipe clamp bosses, to protect the thread. These beauties:
lhx1025frse_1.jpg

Gonna use the same bolts on the LH side kickstand stopper bracket. Every ounce counts :)
Gave the old girl a quick wash,and a coat of wax on the tank as well. Then had my son help me measure rear suspension sag, with me on the bike. Way to stiff, as I already knew. 18 mm sag measured on the shock, which has 100 mm travel. Emailed my Ohlins pusher for more suitable springs. And still waiting for my Ebay side covers to show up, but the bodywork hammers, Dremel and angle grinder are ready at short notice!

Last edited:
Back